Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tired of all the problems
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Runeman23
I have been a user of Hostony for some time now and I seriously have no idea why I continue to subject myself to the poor level of service. Everyday now for the past 2 weeks my sites are down due to Hostony having various problems. It seems that depending on who I speak with it is a DDos attack, or a problem with apache, or the server just needed to be rebooted. I run several different online businesses and if I could figure out how to transfer one final database to a different hosting company, I would be gone and done with Hostony for good.

I have several other aspects of our business hosted by other companies and guess what--NO PROBLEMS. The one time one of my other sites was down for about half an hour due to "server problems" with one of these other companies they apologized profusely and gave me a month of free hosting (I didn't ask for anything, they just offered and did it). Mind you, the site had not been down for any reason for almost 8 months at the time. That was better than a 99.9% uptime but they didn't care. They were still concerned that I was concerned. And this is a major hosting company, not just some little start up that is trying to gain and keep market share.

To be honest I really don't care about free server time. I just want my sites to be up and operating. When they are down for any period of time, it ends up costing me more than a single month and in some cases a single year of server service.

To anyone thinking of getting Hostony as your hosting company, I would have serious second thoughts and do your due diligence. Do some web searches and you will find the companies out there that have good service, good reputations, and are competitively priced. Don't get me wrong, no one is perfect. But Hostony enough is enough. Fix your servers, upgrade your security, do something and stop making endless excuses for the poor level of service.

Truly frustrated,

Runeman
Lehrer
Mind you, the site had not been down for any reason for almost 8 months at the time.

Runeman23, first of all that would be great if you mentioned your domain name or at least a ticket number so that I could see what was the problem that could take a site down for 8 months.
Usually, if any site is down, the support representatives are instructed to identify the possible reason of downtime to the customer.

You say they always give you different exuses? That is rather good I assume, that would be sad if they gave you the same one every time you contacted support. By the way, the most widespread problem with MOST servers at any host is malicious user activity. I hardly imagine a support representative toying with the apache conf. file, sending spam mails from the server, or taking the system down delibarately just to see how many customers are not asleep at the moment. It happens sometimes that the server should be rebooted or is under DDos, or was disabled by the DC for some reason, or one of the customers decided to send 50 000 emails at once (one "potential" customer really asked me yesterday if it was possible to send 50 000 emails per hour on a shared linux server)

On the other hand, if you suppose the exuses might be lame, there is always a possibility to contact supervisor and we'll discuss everything together.

It is always possible to have your account moved to another server if the current one does not suit you for some reason. Anyways, I hope such problems are only caused by the lack of communication and I would truly wish to see you among our happy customers.

Lehrer
MarkM
8 months?! Servers don't go down for 8 months. blink.gif

Accounts do however go down for things like non-payment, expired domains, etc...
pftq
I think what he actually means is that the other host he tried did NOT have any problems for 8 months.
MarkM
See what happens when people type a lot of text and don't use breaks?!
Runeman23
All sites related to Hostony down again.

Love it.
Slavik
Could you please open a trouble ticket as soon as you see the problem.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Runeman23
14 hours and counting. Would be nice to enter a ticket if the Hostony site would stay up for awhile. Seems when I have access to the computer the entire Hostony site is down as well. WOW.

Ticket entered.
MarkM
Seeing how HOSTONY.com, .net and .org are on their own server, it must be a data center problem, if those and the customer sites are down. blink.gif
Runeman23
Down again. When will it end? unsure.gif
MarkM
QUOTE(Runeman23 @ Dec 11 2006, 10:33 PM) *
Down again. When will it end? unsure.gif

I am on a couple of servers with HOSTONY and they haven't been down for a very long time. Check your ISP. Maybe your DNS isn't configured right for your domain or some new propagation is taking extra long.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here