Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vb.net to helm sql server
Hostony Board > Plesk support > Windows/Plesk How To
tshrove
I would like to know how to connect from vb.net to the helm sql server. Or if someone would tell me how to get connection information on my helm server.
MarkM
Uh, windows stuff. There's a possibility that Martin will know about this but you might have to wait for a Technician to come on the forum.

Good luck! biggrin.gif
MartinB
MySQL and ASP:

<%
dsn = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; SERVER=localhost; DATABASE=xxxx_yy; UID=xxxx; PWD=zzzzz"
Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.Open dsn
response.Write(dsn)
response.End()
%>

This is helpfull for you ?

if not just put a trouble ticket and they will assist you, Alexander Brykulya is the guy for windows issues
Dima
We don't allow such connections as you are offering.You can't connect to the helm database from vb.net because it's not secure. Instead you can use our remote MSSQl server.

Please open a trouble ticket for further information and we will give you all the necessary details for connection to MSSQL server
MarkM
QUOTE(Dima @ Nov 27 2006, 12:46 AM) *
We don't allow such connections as you are offering.You can't connect to the helm database from vb.net because it's not secure. Instead you can use our remote MSSQl server.

Please open a trouble ticket for further information and we will give you all the necessary details for connection to MSSQL server

Wow. Excellent knowledge Dima! I've been trying to figure out why HOSTONY would allow insecure connections, like in this method, but I guess you don't. biggrin.gif
MartinB
Oh I thinked he want connect from the local server, not from outside.

I think if you provide a dedicated ip from where you want to connect, database, user, password, etc, they can allow you access, but check with the support team.

I assume you are talking about mysql or the remote MSSQL server, and not the database used by helm for helm info smile.gif
captain_wizz
If I was tring to develop software using a Mysql Database, I created a database on the helm control but not sure how to add fields to my newly created database. Is there a way to just upload already created Datab ase to hostony server.?

I found answer on other post

admin.domain name
MartinB
exactly, on windows servers admin.domainname.com point you to your phpmyadmin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here