Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Time
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
pftq
It seems Hostony can't make up its mind on whether or not to follow daylights saving time.

They had it right and moved the clock down an hour before. Then a few days later moved it up (to follow world time I guess). After making all the changes on my site, they moved it back down.

I went ahead and moved it all back down again (which I started with). I sent a support ticket that they stop changing the time or notify me if possible. It went okay for about a month and now they moved the clock up again. dry.gif

Is there a way change server time on my portion of the server? Maybe through an htaccess file or something. I don't think I want to go through and change all my php files again. dry.gif

(Or maybe Hostony can move the clock back down one hour and stop changing it! tongue.gif)
MarkM
QUOTE(pftq @ Nov 25 2006, 08:25 PM) *
Is there a way change server time on my portion of the server? Maybe through an htaccess file or something. I don't think I want to go through and change all my php files again. dry.gif

If you're on shared hosting - No. If you're running a dedicated - Yes. If you're running a VPS - Maybe, ask Martin.

I would make it so that my PHP files get the date/time from the visitor's computer rather than the server, in this case. Unfortunately this is something that can't otherwise only be handled through a ticket.

QUOTE(pftq @ Nov 25 2006, 08:25 PM) *
(Or maybe Hostony can move the clock back down one hour and stop changing it! tongue.gif)

Yeah! haha. laugh.gif

Good luck getting this resolved. Since most of my customers are here in California, I have the server time set to GMT -8, so the majority is please. Just a note.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here