Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't send support ticket, e-mail lists DOWN!!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
franz
Guys,

I am getting the following error for each attempted support ticket I submit:

Invalid request key

My email lists are down, as they have been once or twice a week for at least several weeks now. You'd think this problem would be fixed so that your customer does not have to ask OVER and OVER again for this to get fixed. But NoooOOOOooo!

How am I to get your support? Please answer!
MarkM
Please follow this URL: http://support.hostony.com/user.php?op=opU...tDepartmentShow

Good luck! Things will be fixed soon.
franz
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Nov 25 2006, 10:02 PM) *
Please follow this URL: http://support.hostony.com/user.php?op=opU...tDepartmentShow

Good luck! Things will be fixed soon.

That's what I've been using...that's where I get the error, and I am assuming (due to no response from the techs) that support requests are not getting through!
MarkM
They seem to be having a database problem. Try emailing them?
franz
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Nov 25 2006, 11:05 PM) *
They seem to be having a database problem. Try emailing them?

Yes, but an email to 'support@Hostony.com' seems to generate yet another ticket key, and when I check on that ticket number, the invalid key error is again shown.

I wonder if tech support will care (they've got to notice) that no tickets are being generated?
MarkM
They DO care very much about us customers - I know from experience. I'm sure they are just doing some server maintenance, which they usually keep to the weekends, when traffic is slower.

biggrin.gif Please be patient. I'm sure a Slavik will be by soon.
franz
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Nov 26 2006, 12:10 AM) *
They DO care very much about us customers - I know from experience.

Yeah, I've been here a while and had my share of trouble.

It's just incredibly frustrating when something simple like an email listserve continually crashes, and all support does is bring it back up instead of fixing the cause of the repeated crashing. And now, there's no way of even contacting support. Twelve hours and counting since attempting to contact them!
jchrastina
The database problems with creating or even viewing tickets has been going on for almost 24 hours now. How long does it take Hostony to fix this???? I have lost ALL patience with them.
franz
QUOTE(jchrastina @ Nov 26 2006, 10:10 AM) *
The database problems with creating or even viewing tickets has been going on for almost 24 hours now. How long does it take Hostony to fix this???? I have lost ALL patience with them.

Yes, they appear to be unreachable. I consider this to be a grave error, as communication is the one vital ingredient to overcome customer dissatisfaction.
MarkM
What problems are you guys having right now?

Martin and I will help as much as we can to fix your issues.

Please use detail, what causes the error and domain name, but do NOT give us your log in ID or password - Save those for the real techs.
franz
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Nov 26 2006, 04:26 PM) *
What problems are you guys having right now?

Martin and I will help as much as we can to fix your issues.

Please use detail, what causes the error and domain name, but do NOT give us your log in ID or password - Save those for the real techs.

My email lists are not functioning. I am talking about ListServe services. Good luck trying to help if you are not a tech!
MarkM
QUOTE(franz @ Nov 26 2006, 03:15 PM) *
Good luck trying to help if you are not a tech!

I am a tech, but not for HOSTONY.

QUOTE(franz @ Nov 26 2006, 03:15 PM) *
My email lists are not functioning.

That's a bit too general. When you say "not functioning" do you mean:
- You're getting error messages upon accessing the system,
- You can't access them at all,
- They don't send to the recipients specified,
- Something else...?
MartinB
Surely he talk about Majordomo, the mailing list manager included with cPAnel.

About tickets system problem, I'm contacting them right now about this problem to be sure they are aware of this (sure!)
jchrastina
I am referring to a specific problem that Hostony themselves need to fix, not YOU Martin or Mark!!!!

Their OWN f _ _ king support system doesn't work.

After I log in to support.hostony.com, to "View ticket" status or to "Submit a ticket", I get a db error:

DB Error: Got error 134 from storage engine [select HDTicket.*,HDTicketMessage.*,Priority_Name,Status_Name from HDTicket left join HDTicketMessage on HDTicket.Message_ID = HDTicketMessage.Message_ID left join HDTicketStatus on HDTicket.Status_ID = HDTicketStatus.Status_ID left join HDTicketPriority on HDTicket.Priority_ID = HDTicketPriority.Priority_ID where HDTicket.Status_ID <> 8 and User_ID = 1319 order by Ticket_ID desc limit 0,10]

I have been with Hostony for several years. THEY HAVE TO IMPROVE COMMUNICATIONS. they are not even responding to emails or to comments in this Forum. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM??????
MartinB
yeah I know, the support system have a problem today, but it was working properly fine for years so, come on, they will fix it soon, everybody have problems some times with software, You need be a little more patient, surely the mail is connected with the ticket system, and today is sunday, you know the forums are checked most times for the supervisors, so surely they are not in work today sunday (just my own suposition)
MarkM
QUOTE(jchrastina @ Nov 26 2006, 04:45 PM) *
I am referring to a specific problem that Hostony themselves need to fix, not YOU Martin or Mark!!!!

Sorry for trying to help. <sarcasm>I thought you were referring to a problem in your cpanel.</sarcasm>

Martin and I are both web-hosts and chances are that we can help you get your email lists working. dry.gif

Have you ever heard the saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds you?" Well, we're trying to help you and we don't appreciate vulgarity (even if it's censored) in our community board.

QUOTE(jchrastina @ Nov 26 2006, 04:45 PM) *
After I log in to support.hostony.com, to "View ticket" status or to "Submit a ticket", I get a db error:

DB Error: Got error 134 from storage engine [select HDTicket.*,HDTicketMessage.*,Priority_Name,Status_Name from HDTicket left join HDTicketMessage on HDTicket.Message_ID = HDTicketMessage.Message_ID left join HDTicketStatus on HDTicket.Status_ID = HDTicketStatus.Status_ID left join HDTicketPriority on HDTicket.Priority_ID = HDTicketPriority.Priority_ID where HDTicket.Status_ID <> 8 and User_ID = 1319 order by Ticket_ID desc limit 0,10]
I have been with Hostony for several years. THEY HAVE TO IMPROVE COMMUNICATIONS. they are not even responding to emails or to comments in this Forum. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM??????

When I offered help, I wasn't referring to the trouble ticket problem, but the mailing list problem(s) which you still haven't mentioned any specifics about.
MartinB
calm down friends smile.gif

I reach them and confirmed than they know about the problem and are working on the solutions, they get problems with the server.

To me, the FineDesk problem looks like mysql tables get corrupted, happend time to time and with luck a "repair" on the corrupted tables do the job. But for so big tables it can take some time.
jchrastina
Uh ... sorry .. but the web works 24x7. So does MY OWN company. Tech support is fulltime.
Slavik
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Nov 27 2006, 01:15 AM) *
calm down friends smile.gif

I reach them and confirmed than they know about the problem and are working on the solutions, they get problems with the server.

To me, the FineDesk problem looks like mysql tables get corrupted, happend time to time and with luck a "repair" on the corrupted tables do the job. But for so big tables it can take some time.

Please try to check the ticket system now.
MartinB
I confirmed than the tickets system is working ok again smile.gif
Thanks for your work Slavik!
franz
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Nov 26 2006, 06:59 PM) *
I am a tech, but not for HOSTONY.
That's a bit too general. When you say "not functioning" do you mean:
- You're getting error messages upon accessing the system,
- You can't access them at all,
- They don't send to the recipients specified,
- Something else...?

Okay, I'll describe it to you this way...

A person who is subscribed to the email list sends an email TO the list.

Normal behavior is for the email to be transmitted to everyone on the list.

Current behavior is that the email disappears into nothingness. Admin interface for the lists work fine, archives are available (last message in archives is from Wed 11/22).
Slavik
You are welcome.
franz
QUOTE(jchrastina @ Nov 26 2006, 08:20 PM) *
Uh ... sorry .. but the web works 24x7. So does MY OWN company. Tech support is fulltime.

Hasn't the Tech Support people noticed that there are no tickets???
MartinB
QUOTE(franz @ Nov 26 2006, 10:25 PM) *
Okay, I'll describe it to you this way...

A person who is subscribed to the email list sends an email TO the list.

Normal behavior is for the email to be transmitted to everyone on the list.

Current behavior is that the email disappears into nothingness. Admin interface for the lists work fine, archives are available (last message in archives is from Wed 11/22).

You can post a ticket now wink.gif
jchrastina
Ticket system is fixed.
MarkM
QUOTE(jchrastina @ Nov 26 2006, 05:30 PM) *
Ticket system is fixed.

Yay! No the people who actually know what they're doing can help you.

Make sure there isn't an auto responder, forwarder or anything setup for that account.

Also note that HOSTONY has their servers send out emails slowly, not all at once.
franz
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Nov 26 2006, 08:57 PM) *

Yay! No the people who actually know what they're doing can help you.

Make sure there isn't an auto responder, forwarder or anything setup for that account.

Also note that HOSTONY has their servers send out emails slowly, not all at once.

Yes, yes. Thanks for all those "level one" responses.

This problem happens about every week. I submit a support ticket, then I get a response from the tech like "try it now", upon which the backed up emails start arriving.

In yesterday/today's ticket I further asked if they could fix the CAUSE,not just the problem. They again fixed the problem and responded to my further request (to fix the CAUSE, not just the stoppage) with "This service had some probelm and was stoped, and we have fixed it and it is working ok." It feels like your words go in one ear and out the other.

*sigh*
MarkM
QUOTE(franz @ Nov 26 2006, 07:18 PM) *
Yes, yes. Thanks for all those "level one" responses.

It's all I can do to help, without access to your account. You need to realize that we're just other forum members, like you.

Just because HOSTONY had some problems with their ticket system doesn't mean you need to take out your frustrations on us.

QUOTE(franz @ Nov 26 2006, 07:18 PM) *
It feels like your words go in one ear and out the other.

I know the feeling. Sometimes it feels like techs are just copying answers out of a book and not giving any customer service with the support.
franz
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Nov 26 2006, 10:27 PM) *
It's all I can do to help, without access to your account. You need to realize that we're just other forum members, like you.

Just because HOSTONY had some problems with their ticket system doesn't mean you need to take out your frustrations on us.
I know the feeling. Sometimes it feels like techs are just copying answers out of a book and not giving any customer service with the support.

I understand, and thanks for your offer to help. In my thread-starting message, I made it clear that this was a recurring problem:
My email lists are down, as they have been once or twice a week for at least several weeks now. You'd think this problem would be fixed so that your customer does not have to ask OVER and OVER again for this to get fixed. But NoooOOOOooo!

I was also quite aware that it was unlikely that a non-tech (that is, someone without admin access to the servers) would be able to help me, in addition to being frustrated with Hostony's state of service.

Once more, thank you, and apologies if my remarks were taken personally (by you).
MarkM
QUOTE(franz @ Nov 26 2006, 07:37 PM) *
Once more, thank you, and apologies if my remarks were taken personally (by you).

Same here.

Good luck with your issue. I hope they fix it once and for all!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here