Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How hostony is capable?
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
Tamagochi
Hello all,
I manage to move my forum to Hostony. I use vBulletin board (PHP + MySQL) and my forum currently has more then 200,000 threads, 900,000 post and MySQL Database of 400Mb. Is Hostony capable to hold it if i purchase a Windows PROFI plan? Has anyone have experience with this, does any one have vBB installed in Hostony?
Thanks
MarkM
Yes, it should work just fine. I would recommend filling out a trouble ticket to support to ask them. They might find a reason that it will not be ok.

Just make sure you don't use up all of your bandwidth with all of those users. smile.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Tamagochi @ Nov 16 2006, 10:18 PM) *
Hello all,
I manage to move my forum to Hostony. I use vBulletin board (PHP + MySQL) and my forum currently has more then 200,000 threads, 900,000 post and MySQL Database of 400Mb. Is Hostony capable to hold it if i purchase a Windows PROFI plan? Has anyone have experience with this, does any one have vBB installed in Hostony?
Thanks

You must provide more important information for forum hosting, like how many concurrent users do you have on peeks and how many posts you have per day, etc

This will decide if your forum can be hosted on a shared hosting environment or if it need a vps or a dedicated

btw, I will be curious..... why WINDOWS hosting ?
Tamagochi
Thank you men, I think i would better make a trouble ticket to ask them directly, but i am afraid they dont tell me the truth. As you know, every sales man will say that his product is the best biggrin.gif and can satisfy you in any aspect. tongue.gif
But thanks anyway for your contributions
MarkM
QUOTE(Tamagochi @ Nov 17 2006, 05:55 PM) *
Thank you men, I think i would better make a trouble ticket to ask them directly, but i am afraid they dont tell me the truth. As you know, every sales man will say that his product is the best biggrin.gif and can satisfy you in any aspect. tongue.gif
But thanks anyway for your contributions

True. Fill out a trouble ticket to support instead. They will provide real information. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here