Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unacceptable server performance
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
jchrastina
cPanel is inaccessible AGAIN!!!

I have opened a ticket!!

All sorts have problems have been happening for over a week.

First, I am told it's DDoS.
Then FSCK.

Now:
Sorry for the inconvenience!
The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

Enough already!
MarkM
sad.gif
jchrastina
It has continued to be a problem ALL WEEK, to one extent or another. All day today, performance (email, ftp, cPanel, webmail) have ALL been DEATHLY slow.

When I am able to get into cPanel I find processor usage at 8 to 17, on a server with TWO (2) processors. I have also seen memory usage at 80-90%.

NO WONDER PERFORMANCE S U C K S!!!!!
MarkM
This is one of the disadvantages of shared hosting. It happens sometimes. ohmy.gif
jchrastina
"It happens sometimes"

But not for WEEKS on end! I have been with Hostony for almost FOUR years. This is the absolute worst performance and WORST support I have ever seen.
MarkM
I would ask to be transferred to another server in this case, or go reseller or dedicated.
Sajata
The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

That's what I'm getting today sad.gif I'm on 65.98.8.120.

I'm not especially concerned - I work for a hosting company, so I know how it goes sometimes, but just wanted to mention it.

Thanks.
MarkM
QUOTE(Sajata @ Nov 27 2006, 10:48 PM) *

Interesting. One of the bad parts to offering so much space for $9.95/mo. wink.gif
Dima
This the information directly from the server:

root@eta [~]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2 30G 19G 9.7G 66% /
/dev/sda1 99M 36M 59M 38% /boot
/dev/sda6 515G 433G 56G 89% /home
/dev/sdb6 515G 479G 11G 98% /backup
/dev/sda5 2.0G 79M 1.8G 5% /tmp
/tmp 2.0G 79M 1.8G 5% /tmp

The backup section takes much memory(/dev/sdb6 515G 479G 11G 98% /backup) ,but in general as you the server is not running out of diskspace.

In case you still experience any problems with Cpanel,try to open a trouble ticket.
brianhamic
I am having similar problems:

All Sites Down
No Email
No Cpanel
No SQL
No Live Support
No Response to Emails to Support
Slavik
The issue is resolved.
Please check everything.
Live support is online, ticket system is working.
We do respond to our customer's requests!

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
brianhamic
QUOTE(Slavik @ Nov 29 2006, 12:54 PM) *
The issue is resolved.
Please check everything.
Live support is online, ticket system is working.
We do respond to our customer's requests!

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev

The issue is not resolved. It is sloppily fixed. Server status is red all down the line, should I post screenshots?

CPanel takes 5 minutes to load and email is as slow as the pony express. Do not reply that this is an ISP issue because I have the highest bandwidth available in the world and every website in the world loads lightning fast EXCEPT my CPanel.

Live support is online but directs to email and the ticket system IS NOT working.

I do thank you for responding to my request but still expect better resolution the problem.

Regards,
Brian
Slavik
You can make sure that the support ticket is working by checking my response to your request.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MarkM
QUOTE(brianhamic @ Nov 29 2006, 05:05 AM) *
Server status is red all down the line, should I post screenshots?

Which "lights" are in the red right now? Maybe posting a screen is a good idea. wink.gif

Live support is online but directs to email and the ticket system IS NOT working.

Tickets are working fine for me today and yesterday. huh.gif

CPanel takes 5 minutes to load and email is as slow as the pony express. Do not reply that this is an ISP issue because I have the highest bandwidth available in the world and every website in the world loads lightning fast EXCEPT my CPanel.

Last time I checked, data centers have the biggest pipes available, but I understand exactly what you're saying. I've been there too.

Just in case, though, try a proxy and see how the cpanel works. Make sure to sign out, otherwise the proxy will remain logged in for anyone. My Fav. Proxy Service
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here