Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site Down !!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
fcztalk
Being with Hostony for just 2 days my site went down and no one (of course) answers the live chat. This is not good, if it doesnt get better i am forced to claim my money back.
MarkM
You are always entitled to a 30-day moneyback guarantee, but please attempt to fix the problem first.

Fill out a Trouble Ticket, and go on record that you have experienced problems - That way, if you ask for moneyback, they can see you made a ticket for a problem and are more likely to refund it.

Trouble Tickets: http://secure.hostony.com huh.gif

Welcome to HOSTONY! smile.gif
Slavik
Hello,
everything is working.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
bre
I have been having problems with my sites also for a couple of weeks now. Can't get live chat either.

I have been with Hostony for a few years. They were great at the beginning, you could actually get someone on the phone, as it should be. I even recommended them to people looking for hosting.

Now, they are so bad. I would not recommend them cause I don't want to lose any friends. They think they are doing a good job in support and service yet customers keep complaining about the most basic support. If they were doing a good job, we would not be complaining.

We need our sites up. Its plain and simple. We will not bother you at all if our sites are up. When they are not up we lose money. We do not need to pay someone for them to lose money for us.

So instead of telling us that there are many other people looking for support and to wait you turn, how about fixing your servers so we don't have to call you?

I don't want to talk to you. You think we enjoy submitting trouble tickets, trying to get live chat (what a joke that is), sending emails, posting here? No, we don't. We just want our sites up and our servers working properly.

And if there are problems, be courteous to us instead of treating us poorly. Even if I got good respectful, courteous replies, I wouldn't mind waiting for support. When I sit there in live chat for 30 minutes and no one answers me, I get upset. Many times I had to ask "Are you there?" and still get no reply. When a trouble ticket sits there for 5 hours with no response, I get upset.

And that sarcastic reply I got yesterday where they said the were other people waiting for support also, only made me more upset. Instead of giving us sarcastic replies, maybe a simple. "I'm sorry, we working on it. Please have patience" would be a nicer answer.
Lehrer
bre, I appreciate your serious comments and critics. I have already said many times to many customers here on the forum and in tickets too that if you do not feel to get the proper kind of support just send the example of the talk to the supervisor (submit a ticket) and I will take care of it.
But please be sure that lack of response never means disrespect or evil treatment. This only happens when there are a lot of people in the chat asking for help, and the operators on the shift have always got enough tasks to fulfill.
Anyways, I agree that no reply for about 30 minutes is unacceptable and such cases should be brought to the supervisor's attention. By the way, you can ask for the supervisor to join your live chat session, if you are not satisfied with the current operator.
Please also take into account that some of the operators are not native speakers, as you know, and they may sometimes seem sharp or too brief with their replies. That is only connected with the language barrier, which most live chat supports have already overcome.

I would like to thank you for your notification one more time. I really hope that this post will help many customers to resolve their issues faster.

I forgot to add that we have noticed some problems with our live chat software. Sometimes an operator is unable to join the conversation, and the same person is logged in for 5 times, sometimes more. This is a bug and the program will probably be shifted soon.
bre
bre, I appreciate your serious comments and critics. I have already said many times to many customers here on the forum and in tickets too that if you do not feel to get the proper kind of support just send the example of the talk to the supervisor (submit a ticket) and I will take care of it.
This doesn't happen. It would be nice if it did but it doesn't. I have done this many times in the 3 1/2 years that I've been here and it does not happen. EVER.

But please be sure that lack of response never means disrespect or evil treatment. This only happens when there are a lot of people in the chat asking for help, and the operators on the shift have always got enough tasks to fulfill.

It is rude to ignore people. A simple 'Wait a few minutes' or something else to let us know we are being helped would be nice. Again, I've been in chat with support for long periods of time and didn't know if I was disconnected or what. I've been 'on hold' and the shift changed without even letting me know they were gone. Talk about rude. I've had to start chat again and the next shift didn't have a clue what I wanted. The other support guy didn't even bother to tell me they were going off shift. This has happened many times to me, I'm not lying about it. Real rude.

Anyways, I agree that no reply for about 30 minutes is unacceptable and such cases should be brought to the supervisor's attention. By the way, you can ask for the supervisor to join your live chat session, if you are not satisfied with the current operator.
Again, that has not ever happened. You are saying a lot of things that support SHOULD do but they don't. I have upgraded my account because I can't get my email for days now. They said that's what I have to do. I have done it and now no answer for hours and hours. I posted to ticket about 3 times and nothing. Horrible support. Do google on Hostony reviews and look what you get. That isn't one or two frustrated people, it's many people getting the same poor support.

Please also take into account that some of the operators are not native speakers, as you know, and they may sometimes seem sharp or too brief with their replies. That is only connected with the language barrier, which most live chat supports have already overcome.

This is not my problem. You advertise that you are in United States or appear to be. Not until I needed support did I realize that your support people are not here. You don't have a phone number like many other companies much bigger than you. Is must only be because you don't want people to 'bother' you. I will never deal with another hosting company that doesn't have a phone number that they answer.

Your support people come on this board and say how great their support is. That a supervisor will help you. That there are many other people waiting for support. (Why is that anyway, are your servers that bad that everyone has problems?) Yes, you come here and post that but that is it. Nothing else happens. Nothing changes. We still get no support, only posts here that say you have support.

When you stop telling people that you have support when you don't and start actually having support, maybe I will believe you are sincere.
Lehrer
Again, that has not ever happened. You are saying a lot of things that support SHOULD do but they don't. I have upgraded my account because I can't get my email for days now. They said that's what I have to do. I have done it and now no answer for hours and hours. I posted to ticket about 3 times and nothing. Horrible support. Do google on Hostony reviews and look what you get. That isn't one or two frustrated people, it's many people getting the same poor support.
Excuse me, but that is completely wrong. I myself have done it many times when a customer in live chat asked for a supervisor to join it when the support was unable to help.

This doesn't happen. It would be nice if it did but it doesn't. I have done this many times in the 3 1/2 years that I've been here and it does not happen. EVER.

I am not sure why it happened to you. Please, be so kind to provide me with the ticket numbers for supervisors that were not answered. I don't think you will find at least one request without a supervisor's response.
The supervisor is not available 24/7, and a response delay in tickets is possible, but when you say that the supervisor does not help, this is not correct, excuse me.

Your support people come on this board and say how great their support is. That a supervisor will help you. That there are many other people waiting for support. (Why is that anyway, are your servers that bad that everyone has problems?) Yes, you come here and post that but that is it. Nothing else happens. Nothing changes. We still get no support, only posts here that say you have support.
I did not try to tell you that it was your problem, I just meant that it is not always physically possible to answer to all the customers with an interval of 2-5 minutes. Of course it is not a problem of customers and may be I shouldn't have told it to you, but still, I didn't mean to say that you should just stay there in chat and wait for 2 hours because the support have other things to do at the moment.

are your servers that bad that everyone has problems

No, they are not bad at all. I would say that they are more than good. The matter is that if a problem is server-wide, that is normal when many customers are asking for help at once, because there are many customers on the server. I think you would agree that no company can be 100% sure that all the customers
that have accounts with it are innocent users and never cause any overloads, never send spam, have nothing to do with phishing sites or warez, their sites are never hacked, they never mess up their sites themselves, they host only flower shops, personal sites made in 10 minutes in Frontpage with 5 pictures on them and a contact e-mail, and everything is just perfect.
If as you have said everyone would have had problems, this forum or the ticket system would never be up.
Just attract your attention to the number of the users registered on the forum. If at least 100 of them posted a message per day about their sites being down, you would have surely noticed that.

Please make sure you ask for the supervisor next time you do not feel proper support speed or quality.
It is easy: just ask the support for a supervisor to join the chat. If he answeres with a "NO, I won't do it"(which is impossible), unless the supervisor is not in the office currently, but suppose that support disregards your request, ask for his full name and that would be his last working day in the company.
It happened once already, and I personally reviewed the chat logs after a customer complained and after the consultation with our top manager that support was fired.
I hope that you will finally believe that I am not a response-generating machine with "we apologize", "that will never happen again", "we'll take care of it", "contact supervisor". I just hope that you will change your mind, and it would be great.
MartinB
surely the support guys are very busy, because they are dealing with MY tickets all days! :-D

seriously, the hostony support guys, have my complete support and trust.

I have not really time now to post a great article about hostony support and my own experience with him, but (I insist, in my OWN experience) they have been and still being all days really great with me and my tons of tickets of all variety and colours I have posted on the last years. And, trust me, I really KNOW how their support are, I'm here for various years (no so much like you), and just give a look to my closed tickets number on FineDesk: "586 record(s)", and I don't post basic issues like "how can I create a pop account on cpanel?" wink.gif. I accept than I'm a support's overloader.

:-D I really know how they work!!!

But to honor to the true, I must accept than I don't use live chat if it's really not SO URGENT or important to improve the communication level, because the live chat really have delay (and it's obvious, it's hard to chat with every user at same time resolving problems and to check tickets and all, I, if hostony, will never enable a live chat support option! nor phone! is impossible to give quality of service with such kind of live communication systems, and it waste a lot of time for both parts just talking). But the time I request for a supervisor, One of them contact me directly to AIM Instant messenger and give me his personal AIM screenname to contact him (thank you Slavik) and solved the problem.

About the language barrier, well, I'll not complain,they are native in ukranian and I'm native in spanish language, and both have some problems with english (me the worst), but we undertand us very well LOL

So, in basic words, long live to hostony support guys!!!! (and delete this bogus beta live chat of cerberus wink.gif)

just my 2 cents.
MarkM
Bre, look at how much attention HOSTONY support staff has given you. They really care, I promise. rolleyes.gif

Also, the fact that your site was down for the first two days strikes an idea. That it takes about two days for domain name changes to propagate!
seeoholic.com
Well beign a costumer of hostony for over 8 months I have started to change my websites to another hosting service because of its downtime...
I had never asked for my money back until tonight, sorry guys but this is not the service I wanted, I get my sites down at least twice a month, THIS CAN NOT HAPPEN.
you may check www.hostonyreviews.com I have added some information there, live chat, never available, msn, never helps, support tickets, take too long to answer.....

PLEASE! you are dealing with people?s money here!
MarkM
Sorry to hear that's how you feel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here