Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GMT Time on Server Inaccurate?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
fcztalk
Hi,

On my forum if i put the time to GMT +1 which is for my country Switzerland it shows the time 1 hour to early. Like, if i post something at 12:00 it says 11:00. I would have to put GMT +2 in order to get the time right.

Also, to make it worse, it is 6 minutes to early. If i post on 12:30, it will say 11:24 which i find pretty annoying.

Please, what ways are there to fix this problem? Anyhelp would be extremly greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

nick
MarkM
Ok.

1) Is the server dedicated or shared?
2) On some forums, there is a setting where you can change the time by minutes. See if your forum has that.

cool.gif Please let me know so we can "help" you.
fcztalk
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Oct 23 2006, 03:43 PM) *
Ok.

1) Is the server dedicated or shared?
2) On some forums, there is a setting where you can change the time by minutes. See if your forum has that.

cool.gif Please let me know so we can "help" you.

hi thanks for your reply.

I think i am on shared hosting and i dont know about the forum time, where i could change that but all i know is that here in switzerland we use +1 GTM and when i enter than in the forum it is 1hour and 6minutes to slow.
MarkM
Ok. Well, the forum software almost always does that kind of stuff, where I'll tell it I'm GMT -4, but it displays the wrong time, so I need to go to GMT -5, even though I'm not!

So you will have to forget about your actual time zone, and trim it until it works.

Unless the forum software has an option to "trim" the minutes, the only case you'd be able to change the minutes is on a dedicated server. blink.gif

Good luck. What board are you using?
fcztalk
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Oct 23 2006, 04:41 PM) *
Ok. Well, the forum software almost always does that kind of stuff, where I'll tell it I'm GMT -4, but it displays the wrong time, so I need to go to GMT -5, even though I'm not!

So you will have to forget about your actual time zone, and trim it until it works.

Unless the forum software has an option to "trim" the minutes, the only case you'd be able to change the minutes is on a dedicated server. blink.gif

Good luck. What board are you using?

thanks, i am using phpbb. here is the link to my forum fcztalk.com/forum
MarkM
I just looked in my PHPBB Board (a demo one) and it looks like you'll just have to play with the hourly time setting and try to get as close to the propper time as possible.

If you switch to dedicated, you will have full control over everything, including the little, but important things, like the time settings.

Dedicated Servers: http://hostony.com/dedicated.html
I've been using the smallest one, as it is good to start with.
MartinB
You can also contact the server admin about this and ask him to check if the time sync is working properly on the server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here