Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MySQL
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
kanasta
So what is the consensus? Does MySQL work from the command line? A while ago they told us they disabled anything from SSH which is why my MySQL could not be accessed from anything other than from the Web interface. I told them the Web interface ######ed and they told me it was all for security reasons

now I tell them that something else doesn't work because it calls some MySQL commands to back up my database. Now they say it should work and that it was never disabled from the shell
MartinB
QUOTE(kanasta @ Oct 1 2006, 10:23 PM) *
So what is the consensus? Does MySQL work from the command line? A while ago they told us they disabled anything from SSH which is why my MySQL could not be accessed from anything other than from the Web interface. I told them the Web interface ######ed and they told me it was all for security reasons

now I tell them that something else doesn't work because it calls some MySQL commands to back up my database. Now they say it should work and that it was never disabled from the shell

oh it work fine for me, I use the mysql command line to do some sql hand operations and have a cron to get a backup of a database to my email from time to time.

how are you trying to execute mysql commands ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here