Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nameservers and such like
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
LLSCmrf
Hi,

I accidentally changed my name servers, and now I want to change them back to what they were before, but I cannot remember what hostonys are/

My domain is kayak24-7.com, so if any of you supervisor people could look into it I would be most grateful wink.gif

I really dont want to lose all of my files if possible wink.gif

Thanks

Dave
Slavik
Hello,
please change your DNS to
dns.hostony.com
dns.hostony.org

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MarkM
1) The nameservers Slavik gave you are for Linux servers, so I hope you aren't/weren't on a Windows box.

2) You won't lose any files. You've simply un-linked the domain name from the server, not erased your account.

The bad news is that you have to wait for the domain name to re-propagate throughout the entire internet, which takes 48-hours.

More information on this is below:
I think there's some in here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System
This one's very general, but should give you an idea of what's going on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propagation_delay

Good luck! biggrin.gif
Slavik
As far as I can see the domain is on Linux server. IF you want to know more detail info about the domain, please submit the trouble ticket

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
LLSCmrf
Ok thanks

I have also noticed that my ftp is not working, is this due to the nameserver change as well?

I guess it is
MarkM
Yes! Everything domain related is dead until re-propagation.

Use the Shared IP of the Server to check mail meanwhile.
Slavik
You can also use the IP of the server for accessing FTP.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here