Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You guys are KILLLING me!!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Only Me
Sites are down one minute; up the next; cant upload to server. Going on now for at least 4 hours. And SLOW!!!! Even your forum and tickets are slow, not to mention your response time to the tickets.
Not impressed........
Anyone else having this kind of day/week/year? with HOSTONY?
mad.gif
Saiyan
For the past 2 years I was somewhat satisfied with Hostony, but in the last 6 months the servers have been down many (way to) many times. And all support team does is apologize for incoveniances, but they don't do their job well if you ask me. After a hellish period 2-3 months ago where everything was down almost every single day (often many times during the same day), it came back to a normal pace again but today seems to show troubles are back. Honnestly I'm not surpised one bit.

Hostony has become a very non reliable (if not THE most unreliable) host to me, if you want some nice specs that barely work at a good price, then Hostony can do the trick providing you're willing to be down a lot more than the 0.1% advertised ... and have constant problems, sometimes for weeks every single day. But if you want a professional hoster, with real support, acceptable uptime and support response, then look somewhere else, quality has a price I guess.

Anyway, this hoster is getting worse and worse as time goes by. I wouldn't recommand them to anyone, even ppl on a budget.

Hope it answers your question,
Chris
Only Me
Well, it's back up again, for now.
They're good, but not when there's problems, and it NOT at my end.
Saiyan
QUOTE(Only Me @ Sep 24 2006, 11:52 AM) *
Well, it's back up again, for now.
They're good, but not when there's problems, and it NOT at my end.

Its not at my end either but that's what support is telling me now that the sites are back up now. Its really sad.
Oh well...
Only Me
I think, THEY think it's easier to tell you to 'look into' something at your end, while they correct some problem at their end. Then when you 'look into' it, it appears corrected! Magic! Aren't they smart, and me so dumb?
Actually, I just think they don't want to go into a long explanation as to what is wrong, they would rather just fix it, then try to 'blame you or your ISP', this way it's "Not our fault" and no downtime log either.
I really don't care about the 'downtime' garantee, just fix the problem, and that's it.
phew, glad that's off my back...... tongue.gif
MartinB
Oh, I must accept (like surely lot of others) than hostony have inprove a lot the uptime for the last months, surely you have the bad luck of be on some problematic server ?

The only problem I see still not resolved (a hard to debug problem) is on some windows servers (asp +ms-access don't working on peek hours, etc) and some email routing problems on a server on one specific DC, not on the others. but linux server are working awesome again, like on the beginning, and th support team is doing good effords. congrats!
pftq
Hmm, well my site still goes down for several minutes every day at some point (seems random). I started taking it as normal for Hostony but you say it's working awesome at your end?
MartinB
QUOTE(pftq @ Sep 25 2006, 11:04 PM) *
Hmm, well my site still goes down for several minutes every day at some point (seems random). I started taking it as normal for Hostony but you say it's working awesome at your end?

yes for my end it worked ok the last months, very improved the uptime and general service, and I must say thanks to hostony about it (I hate just coming here with when something is wrong smile.gif)

I'm for several years with hostony and it was great, then it have some months of problems at the end of the last year and now it's working very ok again as on the past. But I insist, is just a personal experience, I know about 3 or 4 servers of hostony and all work pretty well, but they have lot more, maybe yours have some problem, but just support team can help you on this.

On wich server is your website ?
MarkM
Yeah, when I switched from Reseller to dedicated, I saw a huge difference in everything from FTP speed to login times. blink.gif

I'm not saying you should switch, but you must realize you're on a shared server... with other people. If the problem is really with the server, chances are HOSTONY knows, because other people hosting from that server are telling them. biggrin.gif
pftq
Heh - consider it just me being on the unlucky server then I guess laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here