Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 550 relaying mail error
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
Only Me
Keep getting this error.. ( 550 relaying mail to gmail.com is not allowed)... on gmail, hotmail, etc. Using Outlook but don't know how to configure Cpanel to accept..... sad.gif
Tried looking in the forum but that keeps giving me an error so here i am writing a letter.
sorry, I'm a newbie.
I have tried to find it in tutorials, etc. no luck.
HELP PLEASE !!!!

http://www.internut.ca

thanks
MarkM
Well, First - Puting the error aside: What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

1) Trying to simply use gmail.com as a pop3 to read mail from outlook,
2) Trying to forward mail from gmail.com to your HOSTONY account,
3) Trying to forward mail from your HOSTONY account to gmail.com

Please answer this and I'll try to help you out. We might need Martin for this one... tongue.gif
Only Me
I can receive mail no problem.
It's only when I try to send mail from my Outlook, hostony pop3 (smtp) that I get the error message.
It is only affected by hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc.
I went into Cpanel and sent some email using both squirrel and Horde and they went through no problem, but no luck through outlook.
thanks for helping.....
Only Me
hmmm, seems to be working all of a sudden, must have been hostony...
Thanks alot for your help,
Me
MarkM
Do the following steps in outlook express. May be slightly different for the regular Outlook:

1) In Outlook, Click "tools" and select "accounts"
2) Go into the properties for the email account with HOSTONY
3) Under the "Servers" tab, select "My Server Requires Authentication"

That should do the trick. If not, fill out a trouble ticket. smile.gif

Also, it will always work through webmail as it is running right from the server. There are no settings and it is being transmitted differently through the web.

Webmail= Data through a webpage
Outlook = Complete email, more complex.
MarkM
Also, some DSL or Cable Internet ISP's such as SBC Global, block out the mail port, so you must switch the SMTP to their's.

Incase you're with them, SBC's is: smtp.sbcglobal.net

Atleast 2 of my customers ask me this per week. It can cause problems just like you're having, where mail will sometimes send, but not usually.
Only Me
Thanks for all your help. I did both of the suggested things and things seem to be working now.
Thanks again,
Greg
MarkM
Ah. No problem at all!

I hope you do well with your online endeavors. HOSTONY is here to support you, and so are we, the forum members. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here