Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Victim of Spam
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
simplesoul
Hello guys!

Please be very careful in here....

Don't you ever have a domain name which has high traffic, coz it might lead to banning your site.

Well I'm not joking, jokes apart I'm 100% victim of that, coz some one some some where sends you a spam mails.

1. How can we stop such kind of spam mails which is not in our control?

2. Is it us who are responsible for others to send us spam ?

3. How can one be responsible for such acts?

4. Do you get banned if some one sends spam to your account?

5. Can we block only the mails to which they are coming ?

What are the ways to block them? Is there any tuturial or anything as such so that others will not be banned without any notice?
MarkM
Here's why I don't get more than 2 spam emails a week:

1) I actively use SPAM ASSASSIN, which is installed in the cPanel, and on all Linux HOSTONY servers.
To install: Login to cPanel > Click "Mail" > Click "Spam Assassin" > Enable both Spam Assassin and the Spam Box

2) I use the McAfee SiteAdvisor (FREE) in my browser. It keeps me clear of sites with bad reputations:
http://www.siteadvisor.com/

HOSTONY doesn't send SPAM, btw.
simplesoul
Markmutti

Well thats not a valid reason, I'm with HOstony for past 3 years.

Well I have these things activated for my resellers account. But from yesterday they banned my complete reseller account just because some one sent a spam mails.

What do you say that.

I think surely there must be a secure way of sending and receiving mails which hostony surely not letting us know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here