Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Read-Only File System?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
pftq
I haven't changed anything for my site for several days. I left for a trip a few days ago thinking my site was in good shape. I decide to do a check up and I find that my site is completely screwed up...

http://www.pftq.com/

For some reason, my site has been set as a Read-Only File system (according to the errors) and it is messing up alot of my scripts. I tried to fix things via my FTP but the read-only system won't let me change anything. Claiming I need permissions.

"550: Can't Remove Directory. Read-Only System."
"550: Could not change perms on [foldername]: Bad file descriptor"

Not sure if worth mentioning but I also see this empty folder in the main directory "entropybanner" that wasn't there before.

I try to log into my cPanel and it takes forever to load. Then I get no panel. The Account info says

"[an error occurred while processing this directive]"

in a bunch of fields.

Why did my site just go to heck while I was gone for just a few days? mad.gif

Any ideas what happened? Did something change with the Hostony servers? I did not change a single thing.. I just came back after leaving it alone for a few days to see it like this.
pftq
And... now ... eh. My site's gone. mellow.gif
Slavik
Hello,
we're working on the issue at the moment. The manual fsck is running on the server.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
que
it seems fs is up now... but what about removed files and incorrect permissions?
do You have any backups?
pftq
Ok looks good now. smile.gif

What was wrong? huh.gif
bpgisme
laugh.gif A fellow hitchhiker!

I know where my towel is.

laugh.gif

(Sorry to interrupt but I had to comment about your "42" page!)

-Bonnie
pftq
Haha! biggrin.gif Thanks for noticin.

Ok well, if you don't mind, please send us an email or something next time you plan on doing something like this again. That's sort of the reason we gave you guys our email. smile.gif I don't want to have tons of people directed to my site again only to find it's down. laugh.gif
pftq
Hmm I just noticed my <used> disk space reads 0.19 MB. Just pointing it out - although I don't mind if you guys don't fix that tongue.gif
pftq
Umm is this being looked into?

It's hard to tell how much space I'm actually using...
MarkM
I'm not sure why people post their HOSTONY problems on the forum. Trouble Tickets are for problems!

Please feel out a TT blink.gif
pftq
So we can figure out whether or not anyone else is having the same problem. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here