Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Downtime?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
pftq
This didn't use to bother me much but it doesn't seem to stop.

My site seems to always go down several times a day for several minutes. Is this normal? It gets kind of annoying. sad.gif

It's not down right now but it seems to randomly go offline for several minutes at some point everyday.
MartinB
QUOTE(pftq @ Aug 8 2006, 05:41 PM) *
This didn't use to bother me much but it doesn't seem to stop.

My site seems to always go down several times a day for several minutes. Is this normal? It gets kind of annoying. sad.gif

It's not down right now but it seems to randomly go offline for several minutes at some point everyday.

yeah, same here, variou alerts from external uptime monitors each day, some minutes, at least 3 times per day, for the last 2 or 3 months.

Specificly on server epsilon, maybe the others too, but I'm only monitoring a website on epsilon.
I detected sometimes an overload of the server, but I think the problem is more related with the new datacenters
pftq
Ok now my site is very slow to react atm. Takes forever for a page to load. mad.gif

Sometimes it doesn't even load - I get "Cannot find server"

Gah - doesn't seem like one of those few min ones either. It's been a few hours and it's still in this state. sad.gif

Edit2: It's now about 10 hours later. It's still takes forever to load. sad.gif This is not good!
Lehrer
pftq,
please provide me with your domain name.
pftq
http://www.pftq.com/

It seems to have cleared up by now (a day later), but it seems to be happening more and more frequently (also worse each time as shown by yesterday's case in which it was down for most of the day).
Lehrer
As I see your account is located on server lambda, one of the newest servers.
Some temporary slowdowns are caused by the process cpanellogd, which is responsible for stats updates, which is running every day, and also the connection can be slower when the backups are running.
In future, if you notice serious slowdowns, please immediately let us know.

thank you beforehand, Lehrer
pftq
Ok thanks for the info. I just wanted to know what was going on. smile.gif
Lehrer
you are welcome smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here