Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chmod
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
abdullah
why i can not change my files' chmod settings like 777 ?
what is its reason?

(Alec said) You can't execute command chmod on windows server. Please open a ticket and provide your domain name and path to file and we'll take actions about it

every file have i to do this?
MartinB
QUOTE(abdullah @ Aug 3 2006, 10:02 PM) *
why i can not change my files' chmod settings like 777 ?
what is its reason?

(Alec said) You can't execute command chmod on windows server. Please open a ticket and provide your domain name and path to file and we'll take actions about it

every file have i to do this?

just every file or folder where you want the web server having write access.
and yes, this is the procedure here on the windows servers
Jack mile
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Aug 4 2006, 09:07 AM) *
just every file or folder where you want the web server having write access.
and yes, this is the procedure here on the windows servers

Hello Alec,
Please give me ask, if i want to create folder and i chmode it to 777, how do i do?
Thanks.
MartinB
QUOTE(Jack mile @ Aug 25 2006, 12:10 AM) *
Hello Alec,
Please give me ask, if i want to create folder and i chmode it to 777, how do i do?
Thanks.

While you wait to Alec, I will give you my appreciation smile.gif

If you are on a windows server, you can't do it, you need post a support ticket asking to Support team to do that, providing your domain name and the folder path where you need the web server write access.

If you are on a Linux server, there are configured with phpsuexec so, 777 is not allowed (the good part is: You don't need 777 anymore! 755 is the higher file permission allowed on hostony linux servers, you will get all the access you need with 755 smile.gif )

anyways, on linux you can do a chmod from your ftp client, or you can ask for ssh access and do it from shell

But is just what I think is right, to be sure, just wait for a hostony staff official response smile.gif
(use support tickets, is lot the more fast way of getting support, you will get an answer on minutes)
MarkM
I just noticed this topic right now! hahah. I can't imagine waiting to chmod a folder! tongue.gif

I'm glad to know this now. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here