Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Editing Webpages via cPanel
Hostony Board > General Support > HowTo
MarkM
My customers ask for this one all the time:

Using cPanel to Edit Webpages:

Remember, in File Manager, if you click on the icon for a folder, you will open it. If you click on the text name of it, you will bring up the properties for the folder.

- 1) Login to your cPanel
- 2) Click on "File Manager"
- 3) Click on "public_html"
- 4) Click on the file you wish to edit
- 5) Click on "Edit Page" on the right-hand side

Chopped from PhireFast.com/Support
bpgisme
Don't forget to back up the page you modify in cPanel on your hard drive! I've made that mistake a few times... It was easier to just go into cPanel and add the little bit of code or make the change, but then I forgot I'd done so! Later I used the version from my hard drive and had to go back in and rechange the same part!

laugh.gif

-Bonnie
MartinB
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Jul 16 2006, 12:05 AM) *
Don't forget to back up the page you modify in cPanel on your hard drive! I've made that mistake a few times... It was easier to just go into cPanel and add the little bit of code or make the change, but then I forgot I'd done so! Later I used the version from my hard drive and had to go back in and rechange the same part!

laugh.gif

-Bonnie

sure, you need always work on your local/development copy of the site, and then upload to the live server when the work is done and tested smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here