Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Connect to SQL 2005 Database
Hostony Board > General Support > HowTo
RobCompGuy
I created a project in Visual Studio 2005. It comes with SQL 2005 express. I created a database and I have no issues connecting to it on my box. Now I am trying to figure out what I need to do to connect to that database on the hostony web servers. I moved the database to the db folder on the website (C:\domains\<my domain>\db) but it sais it cannot find it. I even put it in the App_Data folder in the wwwroot of the web server (because that is where it is for me), the same result. What do I need in the connection string so it will find the database? Where do I need to put the database? Can I use the SQL 2005 database? Please help.
Lehrer
Hello RobCompGuy, you have moved the db into the incorrect folder. C:\domains\<my domain>\db - this is the path for MS access databases. MSsql databases are ordered separately and are stored on a separate server especially for MSsql databases. Currently we have MSSQL server 2000, but it will soon be updated to SQL 2005.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here