Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a comment about an "upgrade" in Hostony service
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Stibuq
My sites seems to have too much downtime lately. I couldn't connect to my sites w/ the domain names. Some how the DNS messed up. Are we still using ns17.hostony.net - ns18.hostony.net? (I ftp'ed to my new IP 65.98.8.126 ok'ed tho)

Regards,

Stibuq
Lehrer
Hello, please change your DNS records to dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org
If the problem persists after the propagation time ( approximately0-24) please let our support know about that.
ChrisP
Mainly in thier billing department. I pay for my account on a monthy basis with a debit card that I only use for online transactions so I deposit money in that account as needed. I received my usual monthly email reminding me that my account would be charged on or after June 26, 2006. No big deal.

Apparently that now means they charge my account at 12:01am PDT based on the following email I recieved (At 12:10am PDT):

Thank you for choosing HOSTONY! Our current records indicate that your
account is currently past due with a balance of $9.85.

You may go online to https://secure.hostony.com/pay/user.php and update your billing info
if it is needed and our billing department will be notified when you update
this information. If you need to view the current balance on your account you
may also go online to the members section for this information.

You have 3 days to pay the balance on your account, otherwise your hosting
account will be suspended.

Thank you,

HOSTONY Billing Department
billing@hostony.com

Now I agree that I forgot to go to the bank and transfer the money, but in the past when this has happened, I would receive a nice email reminder that said the account would be charged again in 3 days.

After all of the problems I have had in the last few months with my account, not to mention the several times that I have been charged twice on the same day (they did however post the extra payment to the next month), I was somewhat shocked when I received that email.

I guess over 2 years of always paying my bill each month proves that I am just an account number not an actual live customer. And yes, I do plan on going to the bank, but not for 4 days. If my account is suspended over this, my next payment will not be to Hostony.

Best Regards
Chris
Lehrer
ChrisP, if such a situation arises, do not hurry to pack your things. Letting the supervisor know about the issue would be the best solution. You can also ask for supervisor in live chat, if the issue is that serious.
ChrisP
I am not in a hurry to pack my things. I have already done so.

Billing is still trying to change my mind but I have already moved my domain name to a new host.

I'm not even suprised by now that it took 4 days to get a reply to my post.

So long, Hostony

Chris
Lehrer
Good luck, Chris.
Anyways, I believe you know that according to our policy, tickets have the highest priority. If the issue was so crucial and you needed immediate supervisor intervention, you should have let me know about it by means of a ticket or even a PM here. I am really sorry you have decided to leave.
bpgisme
Lehrer, I have a little concern about billing myself today... I can't seem to get private messages to work on the forum for some reason, so I put in ticket to support...

-Bonnie
Lehrer
We have responded to your ticket, Bonnie.
The billing dept. will see to it, be sure.
bpgisme
Thanks Lehrer! biggrin.gif

I usually get that notice about the coming automatic payment and I always notice it, but I read this thread and I realized I hadn't gotten it this month.

-Bonnie
Lehrer
Have you settled the issue with the billing, Bonnie?
bpgisme
No... I need help Lehrer! Billing says:

Dear Bonnie,

Perhaps there were some problems with the mail, anyway, please pay out the invoice - bpgisme.com (Profi / 1 mon / $9.85) - Paid Out till: 2006-07-03.

If you need any further assistance just let us know.
Thanks for the cooperation.

When I first signed up here I used my Visa card and it went through a place called 2checkout.com. It's been going automatically ever since. I never had to worry about it at all. Does this email mean it's not going to go through? Do I need to go pay it manually? I don't even know where to go to do that! I have to go look around. Why did it change? sad.gif

-Bonnie
bpgisme
Well, I just checked my bank and the payment is going through on schedule. I just never got an email. Whew! I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore! Geez! That was nerve wracking!!!! laugh.gif

-Bonnie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here