Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: support.hostony.com
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
iampedro
Please put a better firewall to ensure better DOSS attacks..
tacotoy
QUOTE(iampedro @ May 17 2006, 07:45 AM) *
Please put a better firewall to ensure better DOSS attacks..

i agree...... it gets old
hastalavidas
Hello,

I am trying to login to the Support site to see if there have been any new replies to my open ticket. I first tried yesterday, and my userid/password was not accepted. I clicked the link for Forgotten Password after a few tries in case it got changed automatically or something, and never got any email. I tried from a different computer at a different location in case the IP was blocked or something, and it didnt let me in again. Now I just tried again, and it is saying "Invalid login or your account is not activated yet."

My ticket I'm checking is for billing, as my account expires on the 24th of the month (3 days) and I was asking how I can change my subscription from 12 months to 48 months. The first reply I got to my ticket said I would have to pay $14.85 to renew my domain; I did reply to that saying I thought the domain was included and if it is not I will purchase the domain elsewhere but would still like to continue my hosting with hostony, with an upgraded subscription.

Can someone please tell me why I can't login to see that ticket (why my password didnt work at first and now why my account is invalid or not activated)? With time running out on my account, I need to take care of this as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Matt

My apologies to iampedro and tacotoy, I created a new topic but the software appended my message to your thread (and changed the title to my title). This happened last week as well, I thought they would have fixed this by now.
bpgisme
I can't ever get that support login to work for me. And if my site isn't working when I'm trying to get support I don't get the emails because they go to that account, so what I do is start a support ticket without logging in, then bookmark it and keep checking back.

Can you go to your history in your browser and find the ticket page there? If you can, you can bookmark it and keep checking it.

-Bonnie
hastalavidas
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Jun 21 2006, 12:22 PM) *
I can't ever get that support login to work for me. And if my site isn't working when I'm trying to get support I don't get the emails because they go to that account, so what I do is start a support ticket without logging in, then bookmark it and keep checking back.

Can you go to your history in your browser and find the ticket page there? If you can, you can bookmark it and keep checking it.

-Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Great idea looking at the browser history! I checked it before I posted and didnt see anything, and after you said that I realized I had posted to that ticket from another (my home) computer. Just got back, checked the history, and found the URL. Turns out the billing rep that posted to my ticket changed my password to a random string, which explains why I could not login using my pre-existing password. Not sure why she changed it, but at least now I know how to get in, and I wouldnt have thought to check at home without your suggestion (as I had given up on the history route).

Thanks again! I like the artwork by the way, especially the one on your front page smile.gif
bpgisme
Ha ha! Yay! I'm glad I could help, Matt! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kind words about my site too. Art and music are my joy. biggrin.gif

-Bonnie
MarkM
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Jun 21 2006, 09:22 AM) *

-Bonnie

My email account on file with Hostony is for a non-hostony server, mine is GMAIL, for times like that...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here