Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maintenance on Monday abd Tuesday
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Rastus
mad.gif I have just been informed by Tech Support that one of my accounts has been suspended because I have chat installed. phpmychat is available on my account homepage, flashchat uses less resources than phpmychat. however that's not the issue! the issue is my account was suspended with no warning, or any type of notification. Hostony just felt like turning off my account, and voila, it's off... then they take over a ####@@ing hour to reply to my trouble ticket, and probably would have not replied then if I had not submitted it to a supervisor.

It seems the longer I am with hostony the worse I am treated, If Hostony does not want me to be a customer, it is much easier to just tell me , and I will be glad to find a new hosting company
Slavik
Hello,
please provide us with your domain and the ticket's ID.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Dima
Dear Customers!!!!

A network maintenance window has been scheduled for the following as posted at:

http://forums.dedicatednow.com/showthread.php?t=3497

On Monday night / Tuesday morning, we will be performing network upgrades comprising of the following:

1. RAM upgrades will be completed on our aggregation routers to provide enhanced routing features and better bgp redundancy.

2. Our Toplayer boxes will be placed inline, and we will begin fully testing its ANTI-DDOS technology, across our entire network, as opposed to the
initial testing which has only been on about 25% of the network.

Additional upgrades are planned throughout the next month, and we will update with these announcements as they become available.

With respects to the upgrades, we should only see downtime in 3 bursts of approximately 5 minutes, but we're carrying the maintenance window for a longer
period to allow for additional time if needed.

--------------------
People are created to help each other. So, if one needs help it's our duty to do everything we can to make this person feel happy.
MartinB
QUOTE(Dima @ Jun 17 2006, 06:44 AM) *
Dear Customers!!!!
A network maintenance window has been scheduled for the following as posted at:

http://forums.dedicatednow.com/showthread.php?t=3497
On Monday night / Tuesday morning, we will be performing network upgrades comprising of the following:

1. RAM upgrades will be completed on our aggregation routers to provide enhanced routing features and better bgp redundancy.

2. Our Toplayer boxes will be placed inline, and we will begin fully testing its ANTI-DDOS technology, across our entire network, as opposed to the
initial testing which has only been on about 25% of the network.

Additional upgrades are planned throughout the next month, and we will update with these announcements as they become available.

With respects to the upgrades, we should only see downtime in 3 bursts of approximately 5 minutes, but we're carrying the maintenance window for a longer
period to allow for additional time if needed.
--------------------
People are created to help each other. So, if one needs help it's our duty to do everything we can to make this person feel happy.

we can't access to http://forums.dedicatednow.com/showthread.php?t=3497

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Wich servers will be affected for this downtimes ?
Lehrer
Hi Martin,

all the servers beginning with 65.98.8.etc will be influenced.
MartinB
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Jun 18 2006, 02:04 PM) *
Hi Martin,
all the servers beginning with 65.98.8.etc will be influenced.

thank you, but 69.72.157.183 is going down all the days for 15 - 30 minutes periods.

lot of times

now is not responding. The server is not shut down, it just still loading and then it just show a blank page, not error, maybe overloaded

ticket 31639
MarkM
QUOTE(Rastus @ May 11 2006, 07:55 AM) *
mad.gif I have just been informed by Tech Support that one of my accounts has been suspended because I have chat installed. phpmychat is available on my account homepage, flashchat uses less resources than phpmychat. however that's not the issue! the issue is my account was suspended with no warning, or any type of notification. Hostony just felt like turning off my account, and voila, it's off... then they take over a ####@@ing hour to reply to my trouble ticket, and probably would have not replied then if I had not submitted it to a supervisor.

It seems the longer I am with hostony the worse I am treated, If Hostony does not want me to be a customer, it is much easier to just tell me , and I will be glad to find a new hosting company

Look, man. Don't threaten HOSTONY on their own forum. ALL HOSTING COMPANIES are very careful with chat programs. I've been down this road with my servers before. You get a notice in your inbox, stating that WHM (the root one) has detected a chat.

IRC use up dangerous amounts of CPU. Here's what's in HOSTONY's contract, which you "signed":
Chat Rooms
We do not allow clients to install their own chat rooms, without approving it with the HOSTONY Support Team. Most chat rooms tend to be large system hogs and we cannot allow it as an account option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here