Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maintenance on Monday abd Tuesday
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Lehrer
Hello everyone, our server 66.118.138.198 is currently under a malicious DDOS attack.
It has temporarily been null-routed for an additional 24 hours due to a 400,000 packets/second DDoS attack. The server will be checked again tomorrow morning and if the DDoS has stopped, the null will be removed by our DC.
We are terribly sorry for such an issue and ask you to remain patient.

Best regards, Lehrer
funkster
my site www.indian-coders.com was hosted on this server ...... but m surprised that the site is opening for all my friends but not for me sad.gif ....... i think u blocked my ip too ......
also i wanna ask that u guys dont have any utility by which we can prevent ddos attacks on our servers?
MartinB
QUOTE(funkster @ May 11 2006, 04:53 PM) *
my site www.indian-coders.com was hosted on this server ...... but m surprised that the site is opening for all my friends but not for me sad.gif ....... i think u blocked my ip too ......
also i wanna ask that u guys dont have any utility by which we can prevent ddos attacks on our servers?

is a very hard issue to block ddos attacks. there exist some ways on routers and hardware systems on datacenters, but it's blocking IPs traffic...

but it's possible to mitigate using special routers, but is an issue of the datacenter.
here some cisco solution in a nice flash demostration smile.gif

http://www.cisco.com/cdc_content_elements/...flash/index.swf
rclafton
Can we have an update on this?

They are down right now, and have several times today....

Also, who is hosted on this server that has "upset" somebody to the extent that a DDOS is directed at it? Is this not happening to any other servers in the same subnet?
martijn_2m
can you give me an estimate of how long there will be 50% up 50% down all day? I have some customers with deadlines, and I need to know if I must make alternatives. Can you move some sites to a stable server?
rclafton
QUOTE(martijn_2m @ May 15 2006, 09:41 PM) *
can you give me an estimate of how long there will be 50% up 50% down all day? I have some customers with deadlines, and I need to know if I must make alternatives. Can you move some sites to a stable server?

I think you are wasting your breath! This has been going on since Friday and they just do not want to tell us the truth. "We have network issues" is what I get. In the space of 96 hours my domains have been down for a total of 28 hours!

QUOTE(mblendinger @ May 11 2006, 09:43 PM) *
is a very hard issue to block ddos attacks. there exist some ways on routers and hardware systems on datacenters, but it's blocking IPs traffic...

but it's possible to mitigate using special routers, but is an issue of the datacenter.
here some cisco solution in a nice flash demostration smile.gif
http://www.cisco.com/cdc_content_elements/...flash/index.swf

With respect.... other ISP's can do it. ANd unfortunatley a "nice flash" demo does not get our domains back on line.
MartinB
QUOTE(rclafton @ May 15 2006, 07:53 PM) *
ANd unfortunatley a "nice flash" demo does not get our domains back on line.

I know huh.gif but it's not my work to put it online again, I just want to illustrate a little the problem for some people than not know what DDOS is (answering to your rudeness).

Good luck with your sites wink.gif
Lehrer
Our admins have assigned all the sites to the old ip 66.118.138.198 again.
Please let us know if there is still anything wrong with your pages.
funkster
no luck dude, problem is still there
my site is still down most of the time
Lehrer
All the problematic IPs were fixed and should be now accessible.
please provide me with the domain name if it is still out of work.
Dima
Dear Customers!!!!

A network maintenance window has been scheduled for the following as posted at:

http://forums.dedicatednow.com/showthread.php?t=3497

On Monday night / Tuesday morning, we will be performing network upgrades comprising of the following:

1. RAM upgrades will be completed on our aggregation routers to provide enhanced routing features and better bgp redundancy.

2. Our Toplayer boxes will be placed inline, and we will begin fully testing its ANTI-DDOS technology, across our entire network, as opposed to the
initial testing which has only been on about 25% of the network.

Additional upgrades are planned throughout the next month, and we will update with these announcements as they become available.

With respects to the upgrades, we should only see downtime in 3 bursts of approximately 5 minutes, but we're carrying the maintenance window for a longer
period to allow for additional time if needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here