Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dddddddd
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
bpgisme
Hey, does anyone here know of an easy way to convert an entire SQL database to XML?

-Bonnie
MartinB
Hello Bonnie!

Surely exist some way to do that. What do you need exactly ? Why do you need export your tables to xml ?
bpgisme
Hi Martin!

Actually, I may be thinking wrong, and this may be completely impossible, but what i want to do is take my Nucleus weblog and convert it to XML so I can import it into my favorite website building program Thingamablog. It will import XML as a feed, but my Nucleus sites refuse to export more than just the most recent week's worth of entries at the time, and I've got two years of entries on there! I've been trying to solve this issue for over a year... (I keep going back to it and trying new things.) This time I thought maybe my backup of the database could be converted to XML and then simply inserted as if it is a feed. Whew... I hope that makes sense! I could be completly wrong too... I think I'm thinking right. laugh.gif

-Bonnie
MartinB
Oh, I don't know nothing about nucleus nor tingama, I just give a look at their forums and see your posts there wink.gif

You can get in touche with the thingamablog developers at null_mind[at]users.sourceforge.net

May be they knows about (or actually have) some database convertor script from nucleus to thingamablog database structure....
bpgisme
Actually I know the creator of Thingamablog! smile.gif He's been working on this same issue with me for a while too. I'm not one to give up and just stand by and wait on my end though. I like to keep trying to solve the problem myself. He's coming out with a new version of the software soon and asked what I thought should be changed or added to the program and this is the biggest issue I have. The funny thing is, once I can ever get the stuff out of that Nucleus weblog and put in Thingamablog I won't ever have need of that again. So, I keep trying everything I can think of to solve it myself.

At the Nucleus CMS forum I did bring this issue up a few times, but there's a lot more folks there and it's a bit harder to get help than you'd think. Plus they just can't imagine why in the world I'd want to stop using Nucleus. (The truth is, I want to stop using MySQL altogether. wink.gif I need to practice what I preach.)

I found out how to make an XML file from the database in phpMyAdmin but my idea didn't work anyway.
Still working on it. smile.gif I'll figure something out.

Thanks Martin!
-Bonnie
MartinB
good luck! smile.gif
sdfasdas
Hello
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here