Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phone Conformation
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
Xeract
My site at http://www.wii-gamer.com which is hosted at the site http://www.nintendorevolutionfan.com has been pretty much down all day. I still have e-mail, cpanel and FTP access, but when loading pages are incredibly slow usually (although occasionally load properly) and often don't load at all giving a page cannot be displayed error. Sometimes the page loads, but without loading the CSS documents.

I have submitted a support ticket as the live help is down. Can anyone give me any idea? I've had a look at the forums and it seems some people have been javing similar problems, I have had no e-mails telling me about any changes in service or server though. My DNS's are still dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful!
Slavik
Hello,
as far as I can see your site is up and running.
If you still have problems with your account, please provide us with the ticket's ID.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Xeract
I don't know what your looking at, or whether the site is now down again, because the site is NOT loading. This has gone on for two days now which is much to long. I can now no longer access e-mail, cpanel, FTp, anything!
Slavik
YOur domains are online.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Xeract
Try clicking the links, are they actually working for you? Because they aren't for me, I still can't access the site, e-mails ftp or anything else.
Slavik
I'm trying to access http://www.wii-gamer.com
and successfully can click on the links of your site:
=======================================================================
http://www.wii-gamer.com/index.php?option=...id=71&Itemid=48
f you want to become an Affiliate of NintendoRevolutionFan.com, please read the following rules to check if your site is applicable:

1. Your site must be gaming or Nintendo related.

2. You must have at least 100 unique visitors a day. Proof will be required in the form of a screenshot.

3. Your site must be clear and easy to read, with a good design.

4. The link to NRF.com must appear on every page as yours will here.

5. Your site must update at least once a week, and must contain a decent amount of content.
=======================================================================

http://www.wii-gamer.com/index.php?option=...id=13&Itemid=39
Q: What is the Nintendo Wii?

A: The official name for the next console created by Nintendo. The Wii was originally codenamed the Revolution, but the official name was announced on the 27th April 2006.

Q: When will the Wii be released?

A:: There is not set release date yet, although Nintendo have announced that the Rev will be released before Thanksgiving in the US.

Q: What's all the fuss about?

A:: Nintendo have decided to take a different direction to the general gaming industry by not trying to create the best graphics possible; instead attmpting to change how gamers interact with the console and games.

It is a big risk, as the Wii's graphics will not be up to the Xbox 360 or PS3's standard. However the controller; which is shaped like a TV remote and fitted with motion sensors; will mean that gamers movements can be translated into games. This will give gamers a whole new gaming experience, and should allow developers to be more creative and innovative.

For more information on the controller, take a look at the controller FAQ.
====================================================================
http://www.wii-gamer.com/index.php?option=...id=16&Itemid=33
Results 1 - 1 of 1

* Wii-Gamer.com News ( 2 items )
* General Nintendo News ( 4 items )
* Nintendo Wii News ( 42 items )
Nintendo Wii News
* Nintendo DS News ( 11 items )
News on the Nintendo DS
* Nintendo Gamecube News ( 2 items )
News on the Nintendo Gamecube

What links are not working?

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Xeract
Well I have to say that is very strange, because I cannot open any pages, any links, I can't access my POP3 e-mail, I cant access anything from thisi computer or the other computer in my house. This is the same for all domains. Have you any idea why that might be? I'm in the UK if that makes any different (no idea why it would)
Slavik
Please open a trouble ticket and provide me with one of your mail accounts with password I'll test it.
Thank you.
As for your domain , I'll check everything again.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Xeract
Ok, just got off the phone with a friend down the road. He can access the site and the e-mails now, so it seems the problem has been fixed. Thanks for the help!

It seems that it is just my network at home that can't access the site, which is puzzling to say the least! If you have any ideas why it might be happening, I would be very grateful! Has my IP been banned from the hosting and website account?
Slavik
It might be the local ISP issue.
Just wait a little bit it must start working soon at your end too.
You are welcome.
Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Xeract
I tried using a proxy server and can access the site fine, so I guess it is just my IP. Hopefullyit will automatically resolve itself soon.

Just a thought though, I was told yesterday that the IP my site was on was under attack from people using many different IP's. Is it possible that you banned these IP's, and mistook my (and possibly others) IP's by accident as we were also trying to access the site?

Thanks again for you help
Slavik
PLease ping your domain from your PC and also provide us with the results of the command tracert.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Xeract
Ok, I used the windows Ping command and got:

Pinging wii-gamer.com [66.118.138.197] with 32 bytes of data.

Request timed out.

With the tracert tool i got:

Tracing route to delta.fastbighost.com [66.118.138.197]

1. 2ms 1ms 1ms 192.168.1.1
2. * * * * Request timed out
3. * * * * Request timed out
4. * * * * Request timed out
etc

This was both without using proxy server.
Slavik
PLease turn on the firewall on your PC (the firewall can also be enabled at your ISP , so this can also be a problem).

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Xeract
Sorry, I don't understand. Turn on my firewall? It's always been on. I've tried taking it off and no difference. What do you want me to do? Can you not just un-ban me from my own website?
Lehrer
As far as I see, your site is working correctly now. Are you able to enter it now? You can view your site through anonymization.com and you'll see that it works. that is a local problem which should be solved without our intervention.
MartinB
As I can see is like you can't get out of your local network... weird. are you sure your firewall is not blocking your site ?
Zaiki
I recently signed up with you on the domain entropy-guild.cc. You needed a phone conformation to start the account, and I said I would not be home until after 8 eastern. I discussed the matter with my work, and they will let me use my work phone in order to make the voice conformation. I updated my phone number to reflect my work number, and I'm available on that number anytime until 8 o'clock, when I will change the number back to my home number. If you need any more information, or can not do this at this time, please let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here