Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideas
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
James
My website was working fine then I decided to clean up some unused files that I was going to use but never did and so I started deleting files and I don't think I deleted any important files. I then tryed to upload a new script and install it but it wouldn't install I kept getting a HTTP 500 error so then I went to some other pages that I knew worked and I still got the HTTP 500 error. could some one please tell me what I am doing wrong?

the site is www.starempireonline.com

and the error I am getting is:
IISPassword
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page youare trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. It is most likely that configuration files for this url are corrupted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Open the home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the home page.
HTTP Error 500
IISPassword for Internet Information Services
Slavik
Hello,
as far as I can see your site is up and running now.
If you face such issues in future , please open a trouble ticket for our support department.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MarkM
Hostony's a great company. I have found myself to be more and more loyal to them everyday.

But I think a few of my ideas will help:
- Replace the UK woman on the main page sometimes, to give it a fresher look.
- Keep support consistant. Sometimes support tickets are reponded to in 2 minutes, sometime a day.
- Consider a phone support system. Hire one or two people to deal with problems, or get existing staff members full english classes.
- Make sure to allow as many features into cPanel and Fantastico to your customers as possible.
- Maybe consider having more reliable AIM/ICQ technical support. Sometimes it is online, and sometimes not. Just not consistant enough.

OTHER THAN THESE FEW THINGS, YOU'RE DOING GREAT! biggrin.gif

By the way, for some reason this new topic "ideas" got mashed in with another topic.
Which brings me to my latest idea:
- Wipe out and re-setup the forum. Make a backup of just the users and start from scratch, then re-upload the user backup.

You can do it in the admin panel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here