Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Websites are down
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
ChrisP
All of my sites are down. Noe sites, no email and no FTP. I can not access CPanel or anything else for the last 30+ minutes, but it may have been longer since I just tried 30 minutes ago.
Can someone please check it out?

chrispy.ws
thezone.ws
damienonline.com
bpgisme
Mine are down too.... I'm gonna go put in a support ticket.

-Bonnie

I just put in the ticket.... I can access my cPanel and my email seems to be working... My sites just aren't coming up. sad.gif

-Bonnie
Slavik
Everything must be working now.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
ChrisP
All is back online now,

Thanks
Chris
Slavik
YOu are welcome.
bpgisme
Yay! Thanks! smile.gif

-Bonnie
Mystic
i'm getting errors on my site still

MySQL error!

Error establishing a database connection!

(Access denied for user: 'mystic@localhost' (Using password: YES))

1. Are you sure you have typed the correct user/password?
2. Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
3. Are you sure that the database server is running?

Backtrace:

1. db->print_error( "<p><strong>Error establishing a database connection!</strong></p..." )
File: /home/mystic/public_html/blogs/evocore/_db.class.php:290
2. db->db( Array(10) )
File: /home/mystic/public_html/blogs/evocore/_main.inc.php:159
3. require_once( "/home/mystic/public_html/blogs/evocore/_main.inc.php" )
File: /home/mystic/public_html/blogs/index.php:20

Ignored last: 1

I get a server not found error when I try any of my subdomains (except one) and i get a "530 Authentication failed, sorry" when i try to connect via FTP.

any idea whats going on?
loanshark
QUOTE(Mystic @ Apr 28 2006, 09:10 PM) *
i'm getting errors on my site still
I get a server not found error when I try any of my subdomains (except one) and i get a "530 Authentication failed, sorry" when i try to connect via FTP.

any idea whats going on?

Mine are all down as well. They kept going up and down all evening and now it looks like the DNS links are completely gone. No one recognizes any of the servers. My sites are spread across two different servers with separate paths. Yet both are down. I need these up fast or I am really out of business this time.

My servers were just changed over the first of the month - and now both are down. I really need help if I'm going to stay in business. There is no way to back up for this type of failure.

http://877myheloc.com
http://compass-lending.com
http://plum-precious.com
Slavik
If you have some technical issues with your websites please open a trouble ticket.
Thank you.

Best reagrds,
Slavik Koshelev
Mystic
QUOTE(Slavik @ Apr 29 2006, 06:01 AM) *
If you have some technical issues with your websites please open a trouble ticket.
Thank you.

Best reagrds,
Slavik Koshelev

I put a ticket in this morning, site is still down. Any progress yet?
Lehrer
Hi,

please provide me with the ticket's number, in case it is still unresolved.
Mystic
the 26697 number?

or the 52a90776bb42. not sure which is the actual ticket numbers as they have different labels, neither of which is ticket number =)

It is still not resolved, I received an email yesterday afternoon asking for more information and I responded via email with that information, and have heard nothing yet.

Thanks
Lehrer
This ticket is addressed to the billing department, which is not available on Sunday. Besides, they have responded to you as far as I can see, so the next post should be yours I believe.
Mystic
well thats just strange, this isnt a billng problem my account is paid for another year atleast. I specificly chose support and it shows support on my screen.

i've gone ahead and replied on the ticket itself rather than just responding to the email, maybe that will help. sad.gif
Slavik
YOur trouble ticket is resppnded.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
tgipres
my web site and emails are down, HELP>>>>
http://tgiinstallers.com
ChrisP
This is getting old really fast.

Once again my sites are down. Not that Bonnie has posted, but her sites are down as well. I assume that our sites are on the same server.

Each time this happens it is never down for long, but 30 minutes at a time during peak hours for me on the west coast is not acceptable. I am trying to build a website for my store that will be accessed mostly during main business hours on the west coast.

I can understand that sometimes sites go down but it is becoming a major issue since the server was moved. While typing this post, my sites have come back online. But if a potential costomer tries to visit my ste and gets a site not available page, he may not bother comming back.

Can you check into this once again and see if you can find out what the problem is?

I have been with Hostony for a long time but I can not afford to lose customers while I am still trying to open my site.

Regards,
Chris
bpgisme
Ha ha... That's why I'm here, sure enough. Actually, my site is up but my MySQL is down. All my MySQL blogs are giving me a connect error. I'm off to post a ticket and then head off to bed. I hope it'll be all fixed by morning.

-Bonnie
bpgisme
Put in a support ticket. Minutes later all is fixed. smile.gif (Thanks Dima!)

Whew. tongue.gif

-Bonnie
bpgisme
Got up this morning and the sites are down again. sad.gif
I just put in a support ticket.

-Bonnie

(Geez... In the time it took me to write this post it's back up again. laugh.gif It does seem to be happening rather a lot on this server though... We're going on about once a day for the last three or four days. I wonder what's causing the problem?)
Slavik
We'll investigate the issue more properly and try to find the solution for this problem ASAP.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
bpgisme
Thanks Slavik! smile.gif

-Bonnie
bpgisme
Oh no! I went to do some work on my site and MySQL is down again. I was laready in cPanel anyway so I checked "server status' and there's lots of "red lights" on:

mysql (4.0.25-standard) failed
eximstats failed
Server Load 10.61 (2 cpus) (This just changed to: 11.04 (2 cpus))
Disk sdb6 (/backup) 92 %

I don't know much about this end of things, but it sure looks like something is seriously overtaking everything, doesn't it?

-Bonne

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I misspelled my own name. laugh.gif laugh.gif

I think I need a nap. rolleyes.gif

-Bonnie
Slavik
Mysql is working on the server.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
bpgisme
Thanks Slavik! smile.gif

-Bonnie
Slavik
You are welcome.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Mystic
i guess its just my imagination that mysql is spitting errors out to me, my ticket was repsonded with 'your site is working as intended' (paraphrased) yet its clearly not

is anyone but me seeing the errors that show here? www.mysticalkoala.com
ChrisP
QUOTE(Mystic @ May 3 2006, 06:24 PM) *
i guess its just my imagination that mysql is spitting errors out to me, my ticket was repsonded with 'your site is working as intended' (paraphrased) yet its clearly not
is anyone but me seeing the errors that show here? www.mysticalkoala.com

I see the errors, but don't know enough about My SQL to konw if they are caused by your scripts or MySQL. I assume that the site worked before?

Personally, I am tired of spending time here or on trouble tickets about my site being down. I am at the point now where my time may be better spent looking for a new host for my sites.

So Hostony, unless you want to lose a long time customer, get your act together and find out why this is happening. My next payment date could be a cancellation date.

Regard,
Chris
MartinB
You must do a repair table from your phpmyadmin over the table: evo_sessions

It's not hard to get a MyISAM type table corrupted on mysql. Your website do lot of access to this table ? (do you have lot of visitors ?)

Maybe you must take in mind the possibility of change your tables deom myIsam to INNODB (read a little and make a backup first wink.gif )
Mystic
i've made no changes to my site other than occasional posts, its a blog site that runs b2evo (the updated version)

I doubt I have more than 20 people visit it a week so its not high traffic at all, I tried the database repair thing before i submited a ticket last week just incase that was an easy fix. The installation of that software is the limit of my database knowledge so i'm not going to go doing anything to it.

It worked for about a day i think it was monday after i first posted in this thread, but now its not again.
MartinB
Here a really nice URL for people with corrupted mysql databases:

http://www.yourwebsupport.com/xskin/repairmysqldatabase.htm

enjoy smile.gif

PS: Some scripts like Mambo have web based tools to do repairs automatic or very easy, you know, MySQL is very nice, but is not an enterprise solution wink.gif

QUOTE(Mystic @ May 3 2006, 06:40 PM) *
i've made no changes to my site other than occasional posts, its a blog site that runs b2evo (the updated version)

I doubt I have more than 20 people visit it a week so its not high traffic at all, I tried the database repair thing before i submited a ticket last week just incase that was an easy fix. The installation of that software is the limit of my database knowledge so i'm not going to go doing anything to it.

It worked for about a day i think it was monday after i first posted in this thread, but now its not again.

as I can see in your previous post, your problem is not the same as ChrisP problem, if you get:

MySQL error!

Error establishing a database connection!

(Access denied for user: 'mystic@localhost' (Using password: YES))

it's a config problem, or you have writed a wronf database information on the config of your site, or maybe the user for the database is not created. Just go to the Mysql databases section of your CPanel and check if the database and the user are created, and the user was assigned with privileges to your database. then configure the right values on your script (database name, user, and passwd)

keep in mind the database name and username start with the username of your hosting account like "mystic_"+TheNameOfTheDatabase

example:

if the user you use to login to cpanel is "myst", and you create a database named "blog", you must configure your scripts to use database "myst_blog", not only "blog"

the same for username.
James
lol I am password protected out of my site! I tryed installing OSCommerce on my site and was having problems so a couple days ago I did a live support chat for like 2 or 3 hours and they got it everything working. Then today I was working on another part of my site and adding to it and I got password protected out of my site again and I have spent atleast an hour in a live support chat again.
MartinB
QUOTE(James @ May 3 2006, 07:26 PM) *
lol I am password protected out of my site! I tryed installing OSCommerce on my site and was having problems so a couple days ago I did a live support chat for like 2 or 3 hours and they got it everything working. Then today I was working on another part of my site and adding to it and I got password protected out of my site again and I have spent atleast an hour in a live support chat again.

And how enriches your message to us or the problems on this post ? smile.gif

Please give a look to the "Catharsis" sub-forum biggrin.gif

just trying to help a little here, we have some problems too wink.gif
ChrisP
Hi Martin,
You are correct, Mystic is not having the smae problem I am.

Like I said when I started this thread, my problem is that my sites are continually being down. Sometimes for a few minute but sometimes for a lot longer. This is not just something I am experiencing because when it happens, I can get 3 or 4 0ther people in different states to visit it and agree that it is down.

Support is not being very helpful, all I am getting is "Your site is (now) up" or something along those lines. No one seems to be letting us know what the problem is or if it is even something they are going to fix.

I overlooked the fact that when they made the last server change that they lost 2 months worth of updates from my site, which inclded over 4000 pictures in one of my galleries. That site is just for fun. But how can I set up a site for my company here if I never know when it it will be online?

I hope someone from support is reading these and passes it on to whoever is in charge. This kind of service is not where I want to host my store's website.

Chris
bpgisme
For me it's MySQL... Off and on over and over today. Again, I don't rely on MySQL for anything important, but still something is definitely wrong. I'm getting another "Connect Error" just now in fact.

-Bonnie

Now the whole site is down again. sad.gif

-Bonnie
MartinB
This is not intended to be a fix but.... Have you considered to move your databases to postgreSQL ? is more robust and is less used so it run not so overloaded... maybe your script are compatible with postgresql...?

I know, if mysql is not running very stable is not your problem as customers, but sometimes the only thing wanted is to have all working smile.gif

Surely there is some customer overloading the mysql database.

BTW: ChirsP have you checked the "repair" issue to your table?
ChrisP
QUOTE(mblendinger @ May 4 2006, 12:21 AM) *
BTW: ChirsP have you checked the "repair" issue to your table?

No Martin, my problem is not a database issue, simply a case of my site being down way more often than it should. If I were to take the time since I first started this thread, For the times I have noticed that my site has been down, I am getting about 85% uptime right now. It could be worse since I don't always check my sites since what is online now is personal not business. But with this problem going on I am not sure if I want to put my business site here.

The really sad part of all of this is that no one here at Hostony seems to be able to give me an answer.

Why has my site been down so much?
What is being done to fix this problem?
Will you even admit that there is a problem?

I am really not trying to be such a pain, but I need to start having my company website available online by June 1. I would love to have it here, but........

Chris
Mystic
QUOTE(mblendinger @ May 3 2006, 03:51 PM) *
Here a really nice URL for people with corrupted mysql databases:

http://www.yourwebsupport.com/xskin/repairmysqldatabase.htm

enjoy smile.gif

PS: Some scripts like Mambo have web based tools to do repairs automatic or very easy, you know, MySQL is very nice, but is not an enterprise solution wink.gif
as I can see in your previous post, your problem is not the same as ChrisP problem, if you get:
it's a config problem, or you have writed a wronf database information on the config of your site, or maybe the user for the database is not created. Just go to the Mysql databases section of your CPanel and check if the database and the user are created, and the user was assigned with privileges to your database. then configure the right values on your script (database name, user, and passwd)

keep in mind the database name and username start with the username of your hosting account like "mystic_"+TheNameOfTheDatabase

example:

if the user you use to login to cpanel is "myst", and you create a database named "blog", you must configure your scripts to use database "myst_blog", not only "blog"

the same for username.

Did you miss the part where I said it was working fine untill just last week, at which time no changes had been made to the database since i updated the versoin of b2ev which was months ago. I've been using this software successfully for over a year now. I may not know how to manipulate a database but I can follow simple installation instructions.

The database has a user with the correct privlages and the correct name,(hence the fact everything was working correctly untill suddenly last week) if this has changed it was due to nothing I have done and something from someone/where else.

No code changes to the site have been done in months since i updated either.

The only thing i did last week at all from my cpanel besides look at webstats was run the virus scan from there. It didnt work it wasnt until the next evening the site started this wierdness. Thats the only possible thing I can think of, but I cant imagine how it would do anything to the database.

Just how secure are these servers?

I realise you're only trying to help and I'm probly overly irritated but every other database on my site works fine and they are much busier than the main one I'm talking about. I'd like something from the support team besides, "its working fine" since its clearly not in my imagination.
ChrisP
This is my last post in this thread.

I have opened a trouble ticket to a supervisor about my issue.

My suggestion for Mystic and Bonnie is to do the same.

Maybe that way someone will actually give us some help.

Regards,

Chris
Slavik
Your ticket is reponded.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
bpgisme
(Mine is working fine today! And loading fast too! smile.gif )

-Bonnie
bpgisme
Actually, just a little while later and it's back down again. sad.gif

-Bonnie
MartinB
QUOTE(Mystic @ May 4 2006, 01:25 AM) *
The database has a user with the correct privlages and the correct name,(hence the fact everything was working correctly untill suddenly last week) if this has changed it was due to nothing I have done and something from someone/where else.

No code changes to the site have been done in months since i updated either.

Your account was transferred to some new server last week ?

QUOTE(Mystic @ May 4 2006, 01:25 AM) *
I realise you're only trying to help and I'm probly overly irritated but every other database on my site works fine and they are much busier than the main one I'm talking about. I'd like something from the support team besides, "its working fine" since its clearly not in my imagination.

Well, good luck guys! unsure.gif

Surely support will found the problem soon, I know they are a little overloaded with server transfers the last weeks. Seems like the only thing I can do to help you is recommend you to continue with tickets (and if necesary alert them trought live chat about the ticket not responded, but I recommend you strongly to post all the data the more precise possible on the ticket, not in live chat, so you and support staff can have a record and complete log of the history of the problem/solution evolution, instead of the forum. In my experience the forums only works for catharsis and user-to-user support smile.gif

I don't know what to say, I communicate all weeks with the support/sales staff trought tickets about questions advices and problems and it work VERY well for me. The more delay I have detected is on billing dept, but last months it was improved very much. Some times I have delays on some tickets of 24 hours, but commonly is just a few minutes/hours.

Maybe staff can't answer you because they are very busy with me laugh.gif laugh.gif

Good luck with your problems smile.gif
bpgisme
I always put in a support ticket. smile.gif
I get great service and help from the support guys through tickets.

In fact, I just read the reply from my last ticket. They are really trying to solve this issue. He said there have been some load spikes at the server so they're running checks and so forth. I always have this irrational fear that my site is causing all the trouble. laugh.gif My site is big and there's lots there, but I mostly get visits from Google and Yahoo. laugh.gif And there's nothing interactive on there at all. No messageboards or chat or anything. Not even a guestbook anymore... I do have a silly video on there that's gets quite a few hits, but that seems to have slowed over the last two months. I think my music has like seven fans. laugh.gif They aren't causing the trouble either.

Hopefully they'll permanently fix it soon. smile.gif
-Bonnie
ChrisP
QUOTE(bpgisme @ May 4 2006, 06:18 PM) *
I always put in a support ticket. smile.gif
I get great service and help from the support guys through tickets.

In fact, I just read the reply from my last ticket. They are really trying to solve this issue. He said there have been some load spikes at the server so they're running checks and so forth. I always have this irrational fear that my site is causing all the trouble. laugh.gif My site is big and there's lots there, but I mostly get visits from Google and Yahoo. laugh.gif And there's nothing interactive on there at all. No messageboards or chat or anything. Not even a guestbook anymore... I do have a silly video on there that's gets quite a few hits, but that seems to have slowed over the last two months. I think my music has like seven fans. laugh.gif They aren't causing the trouble either.

Hopefully they'll permanently fix it soon. smile.gif
-Bonnie

Well, at least they say something to you. As of 1:29 PDT (4 minutes ago) my sites are down again. The only response I had as of this morning from my tickit is: Your site must be working now, check it again.

Maybe I should say ****censored**** a bit more loudly and someone that works here will take my problem seriously. Cause the response from Hostony about this problem is so bad that leaving this company is appearing to be my only solution.

HELLO HOSTONY!!!! CAN YOU GIVE ME A REASON WHY MY SITE IS DOWN 3 OR 4 TIMES ADAY?????

I will end this post now before I say something I shouldn't. I am that pissed right now.
MartinB
blink.gif Link: Say IT in Ukranian - General Computer Vocabulary (or Загальна комп’ютерна термінологія)

You can say, for example: "Це не працює! Це відбулоcя неправильно!"

(sorry! a little touch of humour don't be bad here while waiting smile.gif )
bpgisme
Hmmm.... I can see the http://damienonline.com/.
But the other two just show up blank. They also show as blank when I look at the page source. What is supposed to be there? Do you have some code we could see? (If you've posted it before, I'm sorry... I'm eating dinner while I'm typing and I didn't notice.)

-Bonnie
ChrisP
QUOTE(mblendinger @ May 4 2006, 09:53 PM) *
blink.gif Link: Say IT in Ukranian - General Computer Vocabulary (or Загальна комп’ютерна термінологія)

You can say, for example: "Це не працює! Це відбулоcя неправильно!"

(sorry! a little touch of humour don't be bad here while waiting smile.gif )

LOL, Humor is always welcome.

Seriously, I am not really that pissed about the downtime rather than really pissed that no one at Hostony seems to care. They can check my site when I complain and just post "All is working". No one seems to be checking into whether there may be a real problem or anything like that. Just posting or replying to my ticket that all is working is not helping.

My next billing date is 5-24. And I need to start having some content online for my store by 6-1. It is now up to Hostony to see if my next payment and the site goes to them or to a different company.

Chris
ChrisP
QUOTE(bpgisme @ May 4 2006, 10:26 PM) *
Hmmm.... I can see the http://damienonline.com/.
But the other two just show up blank. They also show as blank when I look at the page source. What is supposed to be there? Do you have some code we could see? (If you've posted it before, I'm sorry... I'm eating dinner while I'm typing and I didn't notice.)

-Bonnie

Sorry Bonnie, I may or may not have posted this, but chrispy.ws doesn't do anything. It is just the main account that I use to host some accounts for friends and use for addon accounts with Hostony. The blank page is what you should see. It is just a blank index.html file.

thezone.ws has a blank index page right now because that is the one I am working on for my company. http://videoandstuff.thezone.ws/home.html will get you to the main page for that site. Please be aware that that site is a gay adult oriented site. I also use thezone.ws for email.

damienonline.com is actually the only current site that is online.

Hope you enjoyed your dinner. smile.gif I am still stuck at work for another hour.

Chris
bpgisme
OH! That's why I couldn't get the pages to show! I thought I was going crazy there for a minute! laugh.gif

Hope you enjoyed your dinner. I am still stuck at work for another hour.

Oh well, yeah, it was pretty good. Anytime it's not leftovers I'm happy. laugh.gif

-Bonnie

Зробити гoлocніше!

When you visit my music site!

laugh.gif

That is a neat page Martin!

-Bonnie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here