Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Basic setup / reseller configuration 101 please!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
David
I know I can't be the first with these questions and they have to be answered somewhere, but I am scratching my head and support isn't answering my questions competely or on any kind of a timely basis. I'm betting what I am asking about / need help on is not all that unusual, just basic learning curve things.

I signed up for the starter reseller account and listed a domain of mine in the app. I got a confirm email saying my starter account was setup. I changed my nameservers for that domain with my registrar to point to dns.hostonny.com and .net. that was 3 days ago, while I asked about a provate nameserver. the techs set that up today but for some reason, my registrar's website balks at the new nameservers - Unavailable error in field Host name1. but taht's a seperate issue.

WHen I logged into the reseller CP, initially I didn't have all the subcategories on the left side. The techs fixed that (anyone know why I didn't see those categories intiially?).

But now what do I do? When I log into the domain CP, and try to create an email account, theres no domains in the pulldown list after the @ sign for the account name. Is there some place I need to add the domain? Set up the DNS zone?

When I log into the domain control panel, there's three lines [an error occurred while processing this directive] . Anyone know what that means?

And at the top of the page it says manage another domain, with a pulldown that only has yourdomain.com (aimcsic). That aimcsic is my reseller account username, but not the actual domain.

I feel like the system doesn't know my domain aimcsi.com.

any advice!?
MartinB
is like your reseller account is not configured well ?

you just need to create accounts using the Create New Account menu on your reseller WHM panel.

but you must initially have 1 account, You main domain account. If it say "yourdomain.com" instead of "aimcsic.com", is a mistake, And if this is the main account of your reseller account, only support staff can correct this, and that is why you can't acess your domain for sure. You need contact support to correct your reseller account, ask they to change the domain of your main reseller account from "yourdomain.com" to your real domain name. Provide him with your login to the cpanel so they can see the "[an error occurred while processing this directive]" warning too.

Also If you don't know how to operate your WHM, you have various flash tutorials on help.hostony.com
and lot of info and documentation on cpanel.net, and on this forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here