Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to sign up as a reseller
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
David
I am interested in signing up with hostony.com for hosting for some of my small business clients. A couple questions:

On the reseller page:

http://www.hostony.com/reseller.html

it lists the profi plan as having 3GB storage, 80 GB bandwidth, but

http://www.hostony.com/hosting.html

says that profi (both are linux?) has 10 GB storage & 100 GB bandwidth. Anyone notice this? Am I reading it wrong? Are they the same plan? Or is one page out of date? Which one?

I am debating how to proceed - the reseller starter plan or some of the profi accounts. Can you give me your thoughts on which to use to set up several different clients with their own domains, minimal web hosting but interested more in email hosting.

also, a couple clients are intested in uploading / sharing files and have different FTP accounts set up for different users... I don't see how many ftp and / or front page accounts are included in each plan.

And as users, how has hostony.com been for you? Reliable? Fast / slow response to the (few? / many?) problems you've had?

thanks!

a couple more questions:

Can you sign up for the 1 month plan to try things, then renew at the long term plans if you like it or you only get to sign up at the long terms initially?

and anyone care to mention a domain hosted here so I can see how responsive the server is? Or have any opinions on that? 1&1 seems very slow to me, especially the control panels.

Oh, and do I really care if it's linux or windows hosting if all I want is email and basic / static web pages made in front page?!

thanks!
MartinB
QUOTE(David @ Apr 21 2006, 11:35 AM) *
I am interested in signing up with hostony.com for hosting for some of my small business clients. A couple questions:

On the reseller page:

it lists the profi plan as having 3GB storage, 80 GB bandwidth, but

http://www.hostony.com/hosting.html

says that profi (both are linux?) has 10 GB storage & 100 GB bandwidth. Anyone notice this? Am I reading it wrong? Are they the same plan? Or is one page out of date? Which one?

I am debating how to proceed - the reseller starter plan or some of the profi accounts. Can you give me your thoughts on which to use to set up several different clients with their own domains, minimal web hosting but interested more in email hosting.

You need a reseller package. Then, when you have a reseller package, you can access to buy additional "profi-reseller" packages, and attach it to your reseller package so you can use your own private label nameservers and manage the account from your reseller control panel.

the profi packages listed here:

are only allowed for current resellers, the other you see are standard packages of hostony.

also, a couple clients are intested in uploading / sharing files and have different FTP accounts set up for different users... I don't see how many ftp and / or front page accounts are included in each plan.

You can create your own hosting plans for your customers, with the number of ftp accounts you want, is not limited. (same for front-page)

And as users, how has hostony.com been for you? Reliable? Fast / slow response to the (few? / many?) problems you've had?

Well, I've some problems in the ~3 years we are with them, but do you know a hosting company without problems ? All problems was resolved on a profesional and fast way, the support team is very cooperative and flexible (and the most fast I've seen). Well the proof of my "OWN" experience is I'm still here wink.gif
Tip: Use trouble tickets, not use the forum to get fast help from staff, just from other users.

thanks!

a couple more questions:

Can you sign up for the 1 month plan to try things, then renew at the long term plans if you like it or you only get to sign up at the long terms initially?

you can do what you want, buy 1 month, if you are not satisfied you can use the 30 day-money-back guarantee. Then if you are happy but a 3 months period, and then if you want change to 1 year period, you must post tickets to billing dept smile.gif

and anyone care to mention a domain hosted here so I can see how responsive the server is? Or have any opinions on that? 1&1 seems very slow to me, especially the control panels.

you have one on my signature (keep in mind is a .com.ar domain, so maybe you need to wait some miliseccons more to start browsing the page). You can check some ips from hostony servers, like 66.118.138.194

And you will found lot of URLs here on the forums smile.gif

Oh, and do I really care if it's linux or windows hosting if all I want is email and basic / static web pages made in front page?!

thanks!

If you need ASP or .NET, get windows.
If not, choose Linux, it's more easy and secure. (maybe just a personal opinion.)

Good luck and welcome aboard!!
smile.gif
David
Thanks for all the info. I realized I have a couple more questions:

As you say, I can make my own plans.. but does each client get a hard limit on bandwidth and storage from the total 'bucket' of space and bandwidth I get from hostony? Which ties to the next question - what happens if a client is a hog and uses more than I allot them or worse, more than my reseller plan allots me?! All the domains in the plan don't get shut off, right? I'll just get a larger bill that month for the extra storage / bandwidth?

And on the order page for the standard reseller plan, it was asking about how many add on domains I wanted at about $2.50 each!? Is that for some other plans and doen't apply to the $29.95 reseller plan? Does hosting 100 domains in that one plan cost $29.95 or 29.95 + $2 or so / domain?

Yeah, if you were unhappy with the service, you'd likely not be around to reply : ) And true, all the hosting I've dealt with have had problems. But it's nice to read that hostony is responsive!

And finally (for now!?)... each domain / client will check mail at pop or mail.theirdomain.com? Or my parent domain name? and the same for smtp? And I've used services that redirect domains (zoneedit, mydomain.com, etc). so I could have a subdirectory of a under domain b.... going to www.a.com would redirect to www.b.com/a and would show up in a frame as www.a.com... but if you saved that as a favorite, etc. it would show up as www.b.com/a having all these domains under one account - is it totally / partly / not transparent to the user what is going on?

thanks!
MartinB
QUOTE(David @ Apr 21 2006, 02:29 PM) *
Thanks for all the info. I realized I have a couple more questions:

As you say, I can make my own plans.. but does each client get a hard limit on bandwidth and storage from the total 'bucket' of space and bandwidth I get from hostony? Which ties to the next question - what happens if a client is a hog and uses more than I allot them or worse, more than my reseller plan allots me?! All the domains in the plan don't get shut off, right? I'll just get a larger bill that month for the extra storage / bandwidth?

ok you will make me work! wink.gif
You make your own packages for your customers, you can create a plan with 100mb disk quota and 4gb bandwidth, so, this is the limit for your customer, he can't use more. If a website use more bandwidth as assigned on their sub-package, the website will be automatically suspended (show an alert) so it stop using bandwidth. then you will let it suspended to the next month, or increase the bandwidth of this customer (and you can bill him for the extra)

Also, Usually your reseller panel (whm) will not let you create more accounts if you are on the limit of your total resources of your reseller package.

And on the order page for the standard reseller plan, it was asking about how many add on domains I wanted at about $2.50 each!? Is that for some other plans and doen't apply to the $29.95 reseller plan? Does hosting 100 domains in that one plan cost $29.95 or 29.95 + $2 or so / domain?

Don't keep this field, is for other packages. On reseller packages you are not limited on domains (and you can create your own multidomain packages for your customers, there is not limits for you, but you can set limits for your customers, so you can make more profit with allowing more databases, addons, subdomains, mail accounts, ftp accounts, etc etc)

go to cpanel.net and check the WHM demo: http://demo.cpanel.net:2086/login/?user=demo&pass=demo

Yeah, if you were unhappy with the service, you'd likely not be around to reply : ) And true, all the hosting I've dealt with have had problems. But it's nice to read that hostony is responsive!

I'm very happy with hostony, specialy with prices and the support team. Take in mind this was my OWN experience.

And finally (for now!?)... each domain / client will check mail at pop or mail.theirdomain.com? Or my parent domain name? and the same for smtp?

customers will check mail using their own domain, not yours. same for ftp, cpanel, etc etc

And I've used services that redirect domains (zoneedit, mydomain.com, etc). so I could have a subdirectory of a under domain b.... going to www.a.com would redirect to www.b.com/a and would show up in a frame as www.a.com... but if you saved that as a favorite, etc. it would show up as www.b.com/a having all these domains under one account - is it totally / partly / not transparent to the user what is going on?

thanks!

You don't need use zoneedit nor other external service because you will be provided with two ip for your own private label nameservers.

the thing with subdirectorys you say work perfectly and its named ADDON domains. There are indivisdial domain names pointing to a subdirectory of one user account. You can offer this service for your customers as I have stated above.

But YOU, as a reseller, don't need to create addons, you have the full capacity of creating full individual user accounts with their own control panel each one, like a real hosting business, not simply a user with a multidomain end-user account.

Sorry my spanglish smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here