Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billing screwup by Hostony
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
jchrastina
What the hell kind of crap is this???
I received NO EMAILS, NO WARNINGS, and discovered that all of my websites now display "ACCOUNT SUSPENDED"!!!!

I went to the billing website and discovered an unpaid Invoice Dated 3-28-06.
I immediately pulled out my credit card and paid your DAMN invoice.

Restore ALL of my websites IMMEDIATELY.

Trouble ticket has been opened.

This is unbelievable!!!
jchrastina
Invoice paid.
Trouble ticket opened.
Emails to billing and support sent.
Chat started (nobody responded)
Then websites and email started working again.

WHAT HAPPENED AT HOSTONY?
Why did I never get an invoice or an email?? No notification and no warnings???
I had two of MY clients call me this morning because tehy saw teh EMBARRASSING "ACCOUNT SUSPENDED" when they trie dto access their websites.

Hostony, YOU HAVE DAMAGED MY REPUTATION. FOR THAT, I WANT AN EXPLANATION AND CORRECTIVE ACTION!!
MarkM
First of all, explaination points (!!!) won't help any situation.

Second of all, have you checked that maybe your email account is blocking the emails from Hostony.

Thirdly, make sure that you mark the Hostony billing date on your calendar, so you know when to pay the thing, without relying on their emails.

"Account Suspended" page can be very damaging. Just explain to your customers something like this:
"I was performing maintanence to my server, and I exported the accounts into the wrong folder. For this I apoligize, and will be happy to credit your account 1 month of free hosting."

Its a great solution, and shows your customers that you are honest, and are willing to lose some money, to help the situation.

Good Luck, buddy.
Slavik
Dear Jchrastina,
if your issue is still not resolved, please let me know your domain and the ticket's ID you've opened for our billing department.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
capecomp
QUOTE(jchrastina @ Apr 14 2006, 03:40 PM) *
Invoice paid.
Trouble ticket opened.
Emails to billing and support sent.
Chat started (nobody responded)
Then websites and email started working again.

WHAT HAPPENED AT HOSTONY?
Why did I never get an invoice or an email?? No notification and no warnings???
I had two of MY clients call me this morning because tehy saw teh EMBARRASSING "ACCOUNT SUSPENDED" when they trie dto access their websites.

Hostony, YOU HAVE DAMAGED MY REPUTATION. FOR THAT, I WANT AN EXPLANATION AND CORRECTIVE ACTION!!

I had something similar happen. They kept saying I had to update my credit card, but never sent me a link. This went on for a month, back and forth, and they refused to send me a link to do it. Finally my account was suspended, and then magically they sent me a link that worked, and we fixed the problemo. I have been with Hostony for years and overall am very happy here. I just think that sometimes things get screwed up in the translation.
Slavik
Hello,
first of all please accept my appology for the caused inconvenineces.
Every problem can be resolved. The ticket system is the best way for such issues, that's why I've asked yo to open one.
As far as I can see your issue is resolved.
Please let us know if you need more assistance.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Slacik Koshelev
MartinB
QUOTE(capecomp @ Apr 19 2006, 01:05 AM) *
I had something similar happen. They kept saying I had to update my credit card, but never sent me a link. This went on for a month, back and forth, and they refused to send me a link to do it. Finally my account was suspended, and then magically they sent me a link that worked, and we fixed the problemo. I have been with Hostony for years and overall am very happy here. I just think that sometimes things get screwed up in the translation.

why do you need a link ?

As I know, you need to go to https://secure.hostony.com/pay/user.php and login to the Billing system, there you can update or change your CC, check your invoices, due dates, packages, etc etc

P.S.:

1) I get the "New invoice generated" each month on my email account, for all packages.
2) I never need to pay it manually, it goes automatic on due date.

Just be sure your CC is ok and you have authorized debit for "ISS LTD-WEB- SERVICE" on your credit card holder.
bpgisme
I pay monthly and it goes out every month automatically for me too. smile.gif
It's nice. I don't have to even think about it. I get one email three days ahead reminding me it's coming up and then I get the official one on the day it goes through.

-Bonnie
capecomp
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Apr 19 2006, 04:29 PM) *
I pay monthly and it goes out every month automatically for me too. smile.gif
It's nice. I don't have to even think about it. I get one email three days ahead reminding me it's coming up and then I get the official one on the day it goes through.

-Bonnie

Mine gets paid automatically as well, but the credit card does expire every few years. It's nice to know we can come to the forum for quick help.
Slavik
But the best option for sucj issues is a troible ticket for our billing department.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Beyonda
I am happy to see that I am not the only one that this is happening to.

The same happened to me. When I did make payment, it took over 12 hours (maybe more as I went to bed), to get them back up. But alas, they were not up. I got the Cpanel warning "There is no website configured at this address." on all my sites, my email accounts were down as well.

it has taken me HOURS of bugging them to rectify this issue - which was, and a quote
"Dear customer,
the thing is that your acount must be on VPS but your account was pointing to the shared server. We've transferred all your data to VPS and we're restoring it now.
Everything will be worling soon."

After having finally getting through to them via live chat, which I also tried to do all day, they told me they we working on it. I pressed the issue some more only to have them ask for my IP?????

On two count this scares me - 1) that they didnt know I have a VPS account, and 2) they had to ask for my IP. I will toss in 3) i have MANY angry clients.

All of this would have been avoided if their billing system sent notifications.

I have asked them many times on different occasions about this, but with no answer.

I am still waiting for my sites to be restored. mad.gif

QUOTE(jchrastina @ Apr 14 2006, 03:05 PM) *
What the hell kind of crap is this???
I received NO EMAILS, NO WARNINGS, and discovered that all of my websites now display "ACCOUNT SUSPENDED"!!!!

I went to the billing website and discovered an unpaid Invoice Dated 3-28-06.
I immediately pulled out my credit card and paid your DAMN invoice.

Restore ALL of my websites IMMEDIATELY.

Trouble ticket has been opened.

This is unbelievable!!!
femmecafe
QUOTE(Beyonda @ May 3 2006, 05:01 PM) *
I am happy to see that I am not the only one that this is happening to.

That's ok, you could be me. I did get a message letting me know that my account was coming due, and according to their own billing system, the payment was made automatically. The domain I registered through hostony expired nonetheless, and now that I'm trying to get it reactivated they seem to think I had a completely different domain. But don't worry, it's nothing important, I'm just waiting for some people to get back to me and let me know if they've decided to hire me. I'm sure that having my domain spontaneously dissapear will make a wonderful impression.

If anybody reading this feels like doing anything about it, the ticket is 27122.

Oh, and this is the second time this has happened now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here