Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Website hacked on 67.15.112.25!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
geniusgoalie
My website was hacked, and all of my databases and email were deleted. My index page was also replaced with a link to a warez site. I have talked to support and we don't know how or why this happened, so I'm advising everyone on server 67.15.112.25 to be cautious!
My website that was hacked was eggloaf.com- as you can see, no database connection... because there are no databases. sad.gif

If any staff has any idea what happened, please tell!
Lehrer
Hello, a hacker usually scans the website for security holes before hacking it. There exist specifically-designed programs for that. After he gets the list of holes in your scripts, he chooses the best way to attack your site. It could possibly be done through phpbb or other forums, databases or vulnerable scripts. The hacker can also match your password, so it is advised to set difficult passwords, such as FSTtyhubt754r6bhu786 and not teddy11, ford, john75 or something similar. Changing your password once per month and updating your scripts can decrease the likelihood of being hacked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here