Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving accounts
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Felipe
Hi Folks,

I have currently a space into a reseller webserver. But i wanna change to Hostony reseller server.
Well, How can i move all files without change any password of any account?

One time i've changed my reseller and the new server admin has moved all data from old server to new server, and all passwords (except main FTP/CPanel password), configurations, of all accounts was the same after change.

Thanks! wink.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Felipe @ Mar 29 2006, 10:42 AM) *
Hi Folks,

I have currently a space into a reseller webserver. But i wanna change to Hostony reseller server.
Well, How can i move all files without change any password of any account?

One time i've changed my reseller and the new server admin has moved all data from old server to new server, and all passwords (except main FTP/CPanel password), configurations, of all accounts was the same after change.

Thanks! wink.gif

if your old server have cpanel, you can make FULL backups of your accounts and hostony support team can restore it on your new server.

I have this tutorial to do that:

How do I move accounts over from my old server to my new server without root access on the old server?

There are several possible ways of transfering accounts from one server to another without having root access. In a nutshell, you have to have the old server generate a backup of the account, transfer that backup to the new server, and then have the new server take that backup and restore it. Below is one possible step-by-step guide for transfering an account.

Generating a Backup of the Account

In order to move the account over, you need to create a full backup of it. CPanel provides easy tools to do this.

1. Login to the account's CPanel on the old server.
2. Click on the Backup link.
3. Click on the Generate/Download a Full Backup link.
4. Enter the following information into the appropriate fields.

Generate/Download a Full Backup
Backup Destination Remote FTP Server (Passive mode transfer)
Email Address YourEmail@domain.com
Remote Server
(FTP/SCP only) XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (Your server IP)
Remote User
(FTP/SCP only) yourmainftpaccount
Remote Password
(FTP/SCP only) yourmainftppassword
Port (FTP/SCP only) *leave blank*
Remote Dir
(FTP/SCP only) *leave blank*

Preparing to Restore the Account

It may take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours for the account to finish transfering to your new server. When the process completes, you should be able to see the account when you login to your new server's FTP account. We need to take this backup file from the FTP and move it to the /home directory so CPanel can restore it.

1. Login to your new server root account using SSH. If you've never used SSH, please see this article in our knowledge base for a program to use and what information you need to connect to your account.
2. Enter the following command:
cd /home/youraccount
mv backup*.tar.gz /home
3. The above command will put you in your account directory and then move all of the CPanel backup files from it's current folder to /home.

Actually Restoring the Account

The account has been packed up and moved to the correct location. All that's left now is to actually restore the account!

1. Login into the WHM of your new server.
2. Choose Backups and then click on Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file.
3. Enter the username of the account you want to restore into the appropriate box. (You should see the backup file listed below in the list of available backups.)
4. Let CPanel complete the restore process.

If you recieve any type of errors during the account restore and you need to try to restore the backup again, you may need to move the package back to the /home directory as CPanel moves it to another location when it attempts the restore.

1. Login to your new server root account using SSH.
2. Enter the following command:
cd /home/cprestore
mv backup*.tar.gz /home

You can repeat the above steps for however many number of accounts you need to copy over. Just don't forget to remember to point each domain you transfer to your new server's DNS!

it's based on a dedicated but you can do all process "Generating a Backup of the Account", next, is hostony's turn
Felipe
Thanks!!

Another doubt...

Im from Brazil and my clients too, well, the server Timezone its possible to be GMT -3? And i can change this Timezone when i need?
MartinB
QUOTE(Felipe @ Mar 29 2006, 06:19 PM) *
Thanks!!

Another doubt...

Im from Brazil and my clients too, well, the server Timezone its possible to be GMT -3? And i can change this Timezone when i need?

no not the server, but all software packages can be configurated for a timezone (forums, cms, etc)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here