Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: General Maintanance
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
Killswitch
I have a quick question that will hopefully also help other members. I have WHM/cPanel. Often enough, I find my site going slow as well as cPanel and WHM. My site is now currently running on Joomla. My question is in regards to general maintenance.

Is there any general things I can do to speed it up manually? I try to graceful reboot every once in awhile I notice it getting really slow, and it seems to help. Then I have to restart ftp because I cant log in. What does restarting mysql do? Because my site is running Joomla, which demands sql, will that cause malfunctions? I know it will temp. be down, but no serious threat? Will this speed it up?

Thanks and hope this can benefit other members as well.
MarkM
Killswitch,

Your server could be runnning slowly, for a number of reasons. It could be at its capacity, it could be infected with a virus, or might need some other security hole closed on it. Restarting will not harm anything.
If it is with Hostony, you can ask them to investigate this problem. If it is with somebody else, I would recommend finding a server managment company, and having them fix any existing security problems.

Is this server with Hostony?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here