Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transfer of the servers
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Dima
Dear Hostony Customers, we would like to inform you that we have transferred two servers 67.15.16.19 and 207.44.232.113 to the brand new stable servers!

The reseller accounts were transferred to the server with the ip 65.98.8.3 and non-reseller were transferred to 65.98.8.4

Before your DNS zone will be fully propagated you can access your
domain via http://your ip adress/~username/

In case everything is ok with your site and you are satisfied ,then you are to change your nameservers into dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org. Reseller customers should contact the support department by email in order to receive dedicated ips for the nameservers

HOSTONY SUPPORT DEPARTMENT
splufdaddy
Can someone address trouble ticket 23742? My domains were transferred to this server accidentally (again), resulting in my account being shot back to the state it was in 14+months ago.
Slavik
Your ticket was responded.
dingfelder
Been trying all evening to go to http://65.98.8.3/~<myaccount> but I just get a timeout error sad.gif
Lehrer
Hello Andy, please refer to the ticket 25016
wfrarck
Please help! Everything is NOT OK. My sites are showing a warning page and my customer's are NOT happy. Neither am I for that matter.
Terrycom
My level of frustration with Hostony has been rising for a number of months - but this situation with the server transfer is the worst so far. I know that Hostony is trying to serve its customers, and has great packages, but your customer support if failing terribly. The more I interface with the various support people the more I realize that HOSTONY SUPPORT PERSONNEL HAVE TROUBLES WITH ENGLISH.

Today I submitted a support ticket that my domains are not active though the DNS was changed more than 4 days ago. The response I received was that the server was changed and maybe I didn't receive the email. This is the third time I've gotten this kind of response. It makes me wonder sometimes if I'm being answered by a real person or a bot looking for keywords.

Last week when my server changed to the warning page - completely by surprise, I was told that I should have changed my DNS entries prior to that and that I was sent several emails to that effect with plenty of warning. But in fact I had received only ONE email prior, which I responded to immediately saying that I had a reseller account. The support person then sent me an email saying that I should NOT change my DNS until I hear from Hostony about the IP and DNS for reseller accounts. So I waited to hear from someone.

After a few days, since I heard from NO ONE, I asked again and was told that I would be contacted shortly about the IP and DNS for resellers. So I waited again. And I kept waiting until the server page changed to the notice about the transfer AND NO ONE TOLD ME WHAT MY NEW IP OR NAMESERVER SHOULD BE UNTIL AFTER OPENING A NEW SUPPORT TICKET AND HAVING MULTIPLE EXCHANGES.

But wait, it gets better (or worse). The person who answered my support ticket told me I was sent multiple emails instructing me what to do - BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENED. In addition, I had to send multiple messages on my support ticket to transfer all of my domains to the new server since nearly half never made it over. And not a single person has responded to my inquiry as to whether I will still be able to use my private label nameservers - which I paid for.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated by Hostony's technical support. I changed TO Hostony because my last provider had terrible technical support. Now I am wondering how long I should stay with Hostony. Often when I send a mail or open a support ticket the answer I am given has little to nothing to do with my inquiry, as if the person answering doesn't have a full grasp of English - but only reads keywords they understand and then think they know what the issue is. At other times it seems the inquiry is not read at all.

One line emails back to the customer saying, "We are sorry," and "we will try better," are not good enough. This is the same thing we see over and over again - and yet the kinds of problems like I've mentioned above continue, and get worse.

As of this moment, none of my domains are working and it has been 4 days since I changed the DNS entry. No one has answered my inquiry about whether I can still use my private label nameservers (and if I can, why did I have to change my DNS to DNS.hostony.com and .org anyway?) and if I can, why wasn't the change more transparent?

Finally, when I alerted Hostony that the content of my site on the new server was NOT the same as the old server, and that the new server site was significantly older than the new one I was only told site folder size was the same, therefore it was okay. Holy cow! The site folder size was the same? If a blog contains 20 more entries is that going to be reflected in the FOLDER SIZE? No. I asked for the data to be retransfered - AND IT WASN'T.

So. I will wait to see if this message is understood - maybe I should have one of the translators in my office send it in Russian? And if ALL of my issues will be addressed. If this is what happens for a small guy like me, with only a few domains to manage - then what will happen to people with many more, whose business is completely dependent upon Hostony's service? I shudder to think.

Tom Terry
MoJo
Fingers crossed that my websites dns's resolve soon, been down 12 hours, hope it doesn't take 4 days like yours.
steveocn
Tom
Have they resolved your problem? I am having the same problem out of nine sites only one works and I have like you changed the dns settings. I also get the same type of answer which leads to more questions than it answers.
Steve

QUOTE(Terrycom @ Apr 10 2006, 07:16 PM) *
My level of frustration with Hostonce has been rising for a number of months - but this situation with the server transfer is the worst so far. I know that Hostonce is trying to serve its customers, and has great packages, but your customer support if failing terribly. The more I interface with the various support people the more I realize that HOSTONY SUPPORT PERSONNEL HAVE TROUBLES WITH ENGLISH.

Today I submitted a support ticket that my domains are not active though the DNS was changed more than 4 days ago. The response I received was that the server was changed and maybe I didn't receive the email. This is the third time I've gotten this kind of response. It makes me wonder sometimes if I'm being answered by a real person or a bot looking for keywords.

Last week when my server changed to the warning page - completely by surprise, I was told that I should have changed my DNS entries prior to that and that I was sent several emails to that effect with plenty of warning. But in fact I had received only ONE email prior, which I responded to immediately saying that I had a reseller account. The support person then sent me an email saying that I should NOT change my DNS until I hear from History about the IP and DNS for reseller accounts. So I waited to hear from someone.

After a few days, since I heard from NO ONE, I asked again and was told that I would be contacted shortly about the IP and DNS for resellers. So I waited again. And I kept waiting until the server page changed to the notice about the transfer AND NO ONE TOLD ME WHAT MY NEW IP OR NAMESERVER SHOULD BE UNTIL AFTER OPENING A NEW SUPPORT TICKET AND HAVING MULTIPLE EXCHANGES.

But wait, it gets better (or worse). The person who answered my support ticket told me I was sent multiple emails instructing me what to do - BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENED. In addition, I had to send multiple messages on my support ticket to transfer all of my domains to the new server since nearly half never made it over. And not a single person has responded to my inquiry as to whether I will still be able to use my private label name servers - which I paid for.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated by Hostony's technical support. I changed TO History because my last provider had terrible technical support. Now I am wondering how long I should stay with History. Often when I send a mail or open a support ticket the answer I am given has little to nothing to do with my inquiry, as if the person answering doesn't have a full grasp of English - but only reads keywords they understand and then think they know what the issue is. At other times it seems the inquiry is not read at all.

One line emails back to the customer saying, "We are sorry," and "we will try better," are not good enough. This is the same thing we see over and over again - and yet the kinds of problems like I've mentioned above continue, and get worse.

As of this moment, none of my domains are working and it has been 4 days since I changed the DNS entry. No one has answered my inquiry about whether I can still use my private label name servers (and if I can, why did I have to change my DNS to DNS.hostony.com and .org anyway?) and if I can, why wasn't the change more transparent?

Finally, when I alerted History that the content of my site on the new server was NOT the same as the old server, and that the new server site was significantly older than the new one I was only told site folder size was the same, therefore it was okay. Holy cow! The site folder size was the same? If a blog contains 20 more entries is that going to be reflected in the FOLDER SIZE? No. I asked for the data to be retransferred - AND IT WASN'T.

So. I will wait to see if this message is understood - maybe I should have one of the translators in my office send it in Russian? And if ALL of my issues will be addressed. If this is what happens for a small guy like me, with only a few domains to manage - then what will happen to people with many more, whose business is completely dependent upon Houston's service? I shudder to think.

Tom Terry
MoJo
Coming up to 24 hours after changing to dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org and my websites are still down.

Customers are screaming and there's nothing I can tell them.
Terrycom
Yesterday the new server started responding. I was even able to post a couple of minor updates to the blog. An hour later the page reverted to the Hostony "warning" page from the old server. I just got up (I live in Asia), to see the OLD SERVER SITE is up again but not the new one. I did a check through DNSreport.com to see that my nameserverss and IPS are the correct ones - SO HOSTONY IS NOW FORWARDING MY TRAFFIC TO THE OLD SERVER AND NOT THE NEW ONE.

Yesterday I left two support tickets. No response to either one. No response on this board either.

Tom Terry

QUOTE(steveocn @ Apr 11 2006, 12:49 PM) *
Tom
Have they resolved your problem? I am having the same problem out of nine sites only one works and I have like you changed the dns settings. I also get the same type of answer which leads to more questions than it answers.
Steve
steveocn
My sites seem to be working right now. I had to make several changes in my WHM control panel for the DNS setting. I think mine are on the new server. We will see. Good luck with yours.
Steve

QUOTE(Terrycom @ Apr 11 2006, 05:19 PM) *
Yesterday the new server started responding. I was even able to post a couple of minor updates to the blog. An hour later the page reverted to the Hostony "warning" page from the old server. I just got up (I live in Asia), to see the OLD SERVER SITE is up again but not the new one. I did a check through DNSreport.com to see that my nameserverss and IPS are the correct ones - SO HOSTONY IS NOW FORWARDING MY TRAFFIC TO THE OLD SERVER AND NOT THE NEW ONE.

Yesterday I left two support tickets. No response to either one. No response on this board either.

Tom Terry
fakederma
I am waiting to hear the server that all of my sites were transferred to. I never got an email telling me what server my websites ended up on and my sites have been down for about 5 days now. sad.gif The request key for my ticket is: 6cbdc2a90311
angie
I'm seriously about to cry here.

Terrycom I am having a VERY similar problem. No one e-mailed me about the change, so I found out through a notice on the site - like 3 days ago, mind you. I try to contact them and they're not available and don't write back. My site was gone today, so I decided to come in here to check out what others are saying. I found out about what to change my DNS to through coming here... that's a damn shame. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. However, I don't know where my control panel is. And data over the past 30 days is now gone. I want my data back, and they better find a way to bring it back. I can't recover the information I had saved onto my website that easily.
Slavik
Dear Angie,
please check yout ticket that you've opened to our supervisor department.
Thank you.

Best reagrds,
Slavik Koshelev
tronguy
I got an email a week ago saying that my domain was going to be moved. The email didn't mention Hostony once, though:

Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:37:02 +0000
Subject: Server Transfer
To: (address)

Dear Customer,

We\222re transferring your account to the new server with IP 69.72.157.190
+because of the server\222s software problems. Your new server is a fast one and+has very good characteristics. We\222ll sent you an e-mail in order to notify
+when the transfer is completed. Thank you for your attention.

Best regards, Hosting support Team.
Between the complete failure to mention the company I've got my hosting support with and the invalid From: address, I figured it was a phishing scam, and ignored it - and even if it was true, there was nothing I needed to do anyway.

A couple of days later, I got this:

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:04:04 +0000
Subject: Server transfer complete
To: (address)

Dear Customer,
your account has been successfully transferred to a brand new server.
The ip of the new server is 69.72.157.190, thus in order to connect to
Cpanel you are to use http://69.72.157.190:(port)
If your nameservers are not our default ones, please contact our support team
+for further information.
Besides, in case your domain is not pointing to the new server (IPs from
+69.72.157.180 to 69.72.157.199)
after the transfer, please get in touch with the technical support team
and your problem will be solved as quickly as possible.

Best regards, hosting company support team.

Still no mention of Hostony, still an invalid From: address.

My domains are set to use dns.hostony.net and dns.hostony.org for resolution, and have been for a few months now. I'm getting a warning page instead of my content.

I've opened a ticket about this, but really need a fix ASAP: I'm at a convention where I'll be pointing people at the domains, and will lose a lot of visitors, and a lot of credibility, over this. I've also tried a chat session, but while the session is open, I've gotten no response since starting it 15 minutes ago.

Hint: If you know you're going to move the IP address a domain is pointing to, you should set the TTL value way, way down a while before the move, so that when you do move it, the revised value will take effect quickly. That's why it's configurable. No, 14400 seconds is *NOT* short enough. It should be more like 600 seconds.
Slavik
We're workin on your issue.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Altai
Same observation for me:
- Transfer without warning whatsoever,
- leading to long off-line time, when the DNS is not managed at Hostony,
- transfer of old version of website, database and files outdated,
- newly created email addresses not migrated,
- transfer not reflected in hostony DNS,
- TTL in Hostony DNS kept at 1 day when it should be a few minutes,
- ftp and mailboxes still accessible on the former machine while dns are migrating, resulting in further discrepancies in the two systems,
- no access through a /~login/ -like url to the new system,
- really poor, time-consuming and annoying replys of support in ticket ("You should ASAP ask your domain registrar to change your nameservers to dns.hostony.com, .org" -- can you believe this?)

I've been preparing and doing site migrations dozens of times, and there is a checklist of things to do before launching it. The most important item on the list is: "get client's approval".

One can just hope that they will learn their trade for the next time...
tronguy
QUOTE(Slavik @ Apr 22 2006, 09:11 AM) *
We're workin on your issue.

It's now been two days since my issue was opened. That's long enough to insure DNS propagation even without changing the expiry time from the 86400 seconds it started out at.

It's still broken.

When can I expect this to be fixed? Please don't just say "it's a DNS propagation issue". I just got this a moment ago:

root@ralph:~ # host -v tronguy.net dns.hostony.com
Trying "tronguy.net"
Using domain server:
Name: dns.hostony.com
Address: 65.98.8.249#53
Aliases:

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 29769
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;tronguy.net. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
tronguy.net. 14400 IN A 67.15.112.25

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
tronguy.net. 14400 IN NS dns.hostony.net.
tronguy.net. 14400 IN NS dns.hostony.com.

Received 100 bytes from 65.98.8.249#53 in 4106 ms

That's the old IP address, straight from dns.hostony.net. (My system couldn't resolve dns.hostony.net at all, and dns.hostony.org was unreachable.)

QUOTE(Altai @ Apr 24 2006, 06:15 AM) *
- TTL in Hostony DNS kept at 1 day when it should be a few minutes,

This is inexcusable, as is the related habit of blaming everything on DNS propagation. There wouldn't be a DNS propagation problem if this had been done properly.

I've been preparing and doing site migrations dozens of times, and there is a checklist of things to do before launching it. The most important item on the list is: "get client's approval".

They tried telling me about it, but they botched that so badly that I didn't believe it was them.
tronguy
My problem is finally corrected. The data on the server is from a week and a half ago, but I'm so nervous that it'd be screwed up more by trying to fix it that I'm just going to put up with it. (Besides, there weren't any significant updates in the interim.)

I hope that Hostony support has learned from this:

1) Make sure that the notification of the impending change is sent from a real account, and says that it's from Hostony.
2) Drop the TTL and expiry times on domains to be moved a few days before to something like 10 minutes. This is the amount of time the site will appear to be down, so it's critical that it be short.
3) Move the data as the last action before updating the DNS entry.
4) If there is a problem in the switch, move the data again.
tgipres
I have a huge problem. The whole company can't get their emails. I received a note from HOSTONY that servers will be changed, but no other info. Now I'm trying to log in to start a service ticket, but it's asking for a email address. I tried all kinds of combinations, but the URL is not being recognized. I don't know what the old IP address for my domain was, so I can't even find out what the new IP is. The domain is tgiinstaller.com. Help, my customers are waiting for replies to their emails, which I can't get to. This is VERY bad!!! HELP!!!!
MartinB
QUOTE(tgipres @ Apr 24 2006, 12:17 PM) *
I have a huge problem. The whole company can't get their emails. I received a note from HOSTONY that servers will be changed, but no other info. Now I'm trying to log in to start a service ticket, but it's asking for a email address. I tried all kinds of combinations, but the URL is not being recognized. I don't know what the old IP address for my domain was, so I can't even find out what the new IP is. The domain is tgiinstaller.com. Help, my customers are waiting for replies to their emails, which I can't get to. This is VERY bad!!! HELP!!!!

try with the following link:
http://support.hostony.com/user.php?op=opU...tDepartmentShow
tgipres
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Apr 24 2006, 12:09 PM) *

Hi thanks. I already did this. The probelm is that I can't check the status of the trouble ticket because the domain name is not being recognised whe signing in. So that's where I'm getting frustrated. I can't get into anything because the servers seem to have been moved, so the domain can't be found. I already changed the DNS pointers for HOSTONY on my hostname provider's site.
MartinB
weird you can't check the ticket status, you have not received a RequestKey to your mail ?

Have you tried with live help ? check the green button on the header of all hostony pages, or in support.hostony.com click on "Need quick response?"
tgipres
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Apr 24 2006, 12:26 PM) *
weird you can't check the ticket status, you have not received a RequestKey to your mail ?
Have you tried with live help ? check the green button on the header of all hostony pages, or in support.hostony.com click on "Need quick response?"

Hi, and thanks again. I did something dumb by not writing the ticket number down, thinking that when I sign in with the same user name as the one I created the ticket with. But since I can't sign in, I can't do anything. May be I'll just open another ticket.

About the chat - I tried, but a message comes back saying that no one is available for chat at this time. ###### anyway I look at it. Contacting superviser is an email. Since I can't chelk emails, I can't see what a superviser might say. This is the reason I'm waiting for some admin to respond to my posts here, since this is the only connection I have to HOSTONY which work both ways.
Slavik
Hello,
please use the following instructions for opening the ticket:
1) You can logon to the ticket system without using your password.
To do that, please hit http://support.hostony.com/user.php first
After that choose "New Request" option. Then give your domain name, e-mail,
password for it (if required)

NOTE: Following this scheme, having added your ticket, you'll get a request key at the
top of the page. With its assistance you'll be able to browse or edit your ticket
later(choosing the "View request" option). E.g:Request key 19f5653512fa

2) Logging in by means of your billing password. To login with the help of your billing
password one should contact billing@hostony.com They will provide you with your
personal password for billing.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
tgipres
QUOTE(Slavik @ Apr 24 2006, 12:52 PM) *
Hello,
please use the following instructions for opening the ticket:
1) You can logon to the ticket system without using your password.
To do that, please hit http://support.hostony.com/user.php first
After that choose "New Request" option. Then give your domain name, e-mail,
password for it (if required)

NOTE: Following this scheme, having added your ticket, you'll get a request key at the
top of the page. With its assistance you'll be able to browse or edit your ticket
later(choosing the "View request" option). E.g:Request key 19f5653512fa
2) Logging in by means of your billing password. To login with the help of your billing
password one should contact billing@hostony.com They will provide you with your
personal password for billing.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev

Thanks, but no luck - won't take email/password for my domain. Very BAD! Plus, how do I get in touch with BILLING to set this password up? Did not have to do this before. Now that this happens, I'm dead in the water!!! The whole office is ready to rip eachother's heads off. Customers are waiting. I'm not feeling good at this point.
Slavik
Try the following url:
http://support.hostony.com/

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MartinB
tgipres:

Look, do the following, step by step:

1) go to http://support.hostony.com/user.php

2) NOT WRITE YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD IS YOU HAVE NOT ONE WORKING, JUST CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE, THERE IS 4 LINKS:

- Knowledge Base
- New Request
- View Request
- Find Request

click on "New Request"

3) choose a department, like support, or billing

4) complete the form with an email account you have working, if you only have 1 email account and is hosted on the account with problems (take care for the future to not do that) just get a free email account somewhere, like yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc and use this email so you can establish a via of communication with the ticket and hostony.

5) complete all the data of your request.

6) when you submite the ticket, print the page! or copy the RequestKey as Slavik states in his howto.

Then you will get a notice on the emails specified by you on the ticket, every time a supporter post update your ticket with info.

And if you want be sure, you can get again to point 2 and click on "- View Request" and type the "Request Key" you get on point 6

smile.gif
let us know.
huudo1
hehe, like most of you, I've been experiencing issues with my site. A while ago, I got a message on one of the report tickets that my site would be transferred in the near future and that I would be notified. Last week I got an email stating that the move was going to happen soon and that I would get an email with details. 2 days later, site down for 24 hours, then it was up again and it seemed quicker. However, an email with details and how to proceed... never got it. Now I get this: when going to http://www.huudo.com it gets forwarded to http://www.hayk.net/html/

You know what? I'm not gonna submit a support ticket anymore. Hostony caused it, well fix it!!

If my site is not back in 24hours, I'm freaking out of here, as I'm so fet up with this cheap hosting. Indeed, you get what you pay for...
tgipres
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Apr 24 2006, 02:05 PM) *
tgipres:

Look, do the following, step by step:

1) go to http://support.hostony.com/user.php

2) NOT WRITE YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD IS YOU HAVE NOT ONE WORKING, JUST CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE, THERE IS 4 LINKS:

- Knowledge Base
- New Request
- View Request
- Find Request

click on "New Request"

3) choose a department, like support, or billing

4) complete the form with an email account you have working, if you only have 1 email account and is hosted on the account with problems (take care for the future to not do that) just get a free email account somewhere, like yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc and use this email so you can establish a via of communication with the ticket and hostony.

5) complete all the data of your request.

6) when you submite the ticket, print the page! or copy the RequestKey as Slavik states in his howto.
Then you will get a notice on the emails specified by you on the ticket, every time a supporter post update your ticket with info.

And if you want be sure, you can get again to point 2 and click on "- View Request" and type the "Request Key" you get on point 6

smile.gif
let us know.

OK, may be you're right - I should have another account for just days like this. But I've not seen anything like it in all the years that I've been a member here. I did finally find a way to look at my ticket - it has not been touched for 4 hours! We are running a business here - so I need things like email to work. I just submittet another ticket, so we'll see what happens. I'm ready to rip my hair out - being told that server is being moved and that more info is to follow just to find out that it did not, and email is gone (for the ENTIRE COMANY). I'm sorry for being grouchy at you, I know you're being very helpful, and I'm very greatful for your time.

QUOTE(Slavik @ Apr 24 2006, 01:49 PM) *
Try the following url:
http://support.hostony.com/

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev

Look Slavik,

This is not much help here. My original post was that I can't get emails, can't ping my domain name (tgiinstallers.com) and can't get into service areas, because the user names and passwords I created when I opened an account with HOSTONY no longer work (and I don't have a new billing email/password ). I did open a service ticket, but nothing has been done on it for 4 HOURS. So don't tell me where to go on your site's menu - I can (and did) figure it out by miself!!! I tried live support, but all the operators are busiy every time I try sign on. So to be helful, why don't you figure out where tgiinstallers.com is and let me know. So I and the rest of the people in this company can get to our customers who expect responses at least as quickly as I expect responces from places where this business is a customer.

THANKS.
MartinB
Hum... I can see your site http://tgiinstallers.com/ from here.

TGI Installers is a small woman owned and operated business that has proven its ability to successfully service accounts of various size and scope.

TGI's company philosophy is that our obligation is first and foremost to our clients. It is our approach that quality of work is an instilled attitude in all of our employees. To this end, the President, Field Supervisor and Foreman and each individual employee are responsible for constantly monitoring not only productivity of the installation, delivery, or moving, but also the level of quality that is being provided to the customer.

TGI has capability to rapidly marshal all the necessary resources to successfully complete all installations and relocations associated with various size projects.

TGI employs Foremen with numerous years of experience and installers requiring a minimum of two years in the field. Our installers have been factory-trained and certified by various manufacturers in an array of furniture lines to assure a consistently high level of quality, efficiency and product knowledge.

maybe you just need to wait some dns propagation time ?
tgipres
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Apr 24 2006, 07:52 PM) *
Hum... I can see your site http://tgiinstallers.com/ from here.

Hi and big thanks, again. I'm trying to do the same, but I'm not having any luck, yet (hopefully). Interestingly, the servers are somewhere in Georgia, USA (I think), and I'm in Maryland (about 400 miles away) - and I can't see the server. But you, serveral thousand miles away in Argentina can. I'm very perplexed. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Have a great night, and thanks for help
MartinB
oooh, we have great ISPs here wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

you can use this: http://www.alertra.com/spotcheck.php

tgiinstallers.com

Time (US/Eastern) Checked From Result KBytes Secs Kbps
04/24/2006 20:04:25 Oklahoma City USA OK 1.5 0.33 36.28
04/24/2006 20:04:25 London UK OK 1.5 0.61 19.62
04/24/2006 20:04:26 Frankfurt GERMANY OK 1.5 0.81 14.94
04/24/2006 20:04:25 Atlanta USA OK 1.5 0.18 65.45
04/24/2006 20:04:25 Orlando USA OK 1.5 0.28 43.28
04/24/2006 20:04:26 Hong Kong CHINA OK 1.5 1.14 10.57
04/24/2006 20:04:25 Las Vegas USA OK 1.5 0.37 32.77

and from here too:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ping.ch?ip=tgiinstallers.com

Pinging tgiinstallers.com [67.15.111.2]:

Ping #1: Got reply from 67.15.111.2 in 35ms [TTL=52]
Ping #2: Got reply from 67.15.111.2 in 35ms [TTL=52]
Ping #3: Got reply from 67.15.111.2 in 34ms [TTL=52]
Ping #4: Got reply from 67.15.111.2 in 36ms [TTL=52]

Done pinging tgiinstallers.com!

It resolve from various countrys

try ctrl+F5 in your browser wink.gif

I think is just time smile.gif

glad to help you!!! smile.gif
Altai
I should add to my previous list:
- PHP not built correctly on the new machine,
- no access to induvidual accounts of my domain on the previous machines - email stuck there cannot be retrieved by users through ip address/cpanel,
- the new machine has been down these last two-three hours,
- 7 hours response time to my last request in the support.

Murphy's law in full.
If anyone knows of a reliable web hosting company, I'd be glad to hear about it.
huudo1
QUOTE(Altai @ Apr 25 2006, 05:26 PM) *
Murphy's law in full.
If anyone knows of a reliable web hosting company, I'd be glad to hear about it.

Same here, not even a reply to my post. cool.gif

Anyways, if communications to the customer base are so poor, it's not good for business. Meanwhile I've accepted that it will never become good here. Have started to search for another hosting company and as soon as my contract is out, I'm out. Goodbye Hostony and good luck. You'll need it. biggrin.gif
tronguy
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Apr 24 2006, 06:52 PM) *

This is getting really, really annoying. If Hostony would manage its moves properly, DNS propagation wouldn't be an issue at all, and at least with my move, that wasn't the issue even when the support team said it was.

Hint, folks: DNS propagation time can be managed by the folks who control the primary zone.

Don't just trot out the same old tired, wrong excuse every time someone complains as the very first reply. Do it right and make it a non-issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here