Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haloscan or something similar
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
bpgisme
Hi everyone! Hey, I've got a question. I like the idea of Haloscan for my band pages, but I don't want to use their server... I want to use my own space to host my comments. Is there an alternative? I like using Thingamablog to build and manage my pages, but the comment feature doesn't work yet without an external set up like Haloscan. Is there a script or something I can use to do this and put everything right on my site? I tried using a guestbook, but that didn't really work.

Thanks...
-Bonnie
Lehrer
Bonnie, why not simply install a forum from Fantastico scripts? SMF, for instance. smile.gif
bpgisme
Hi Lehrer!

I got a bit distracted with other work so this idea got put on the back burner for a little while. Now I'm back on it though!

I saw SMF. That's a good choice? I've been really thinking about this... Well, really, the truth is, I've been procrastinating. I'm a little afraid to put any interactive/messageboard-type thing on my site... I'm afraid no one will use it! rolleyes.gif (No one but spammers anyway.)

I may give it a try for a while and see if anything happens. smile.gif

-Bonnie
Lehrer
Bonnie, after you install it do not forget to update the forum regularly to avoid hacks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here