Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention!!! Multiple server transfer!!!
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Lehrer
Dear customers!

We announce multiple server transfer of our old servers to new nodes. The new IP addresses will be sent to you and announced on the forum later on.
This will affect the following servers:

Server 14 207.44.232.113 (the transfer will last till March, 26, 2006)

Server 20 67.15.16.19 (the transfer will last till April, 10, 2006)

Server 22 67.15.24.22 (the transfer will last till March, 26, 2006)

Server 23 67.15.42.48 the transfer will process till April, 10, 2006

Server 25 67.15.52.34 (the transfer will be finished on April, 10, 2006)

We shall also send e-mails to all the customers warning all the customers about this transfer.

Hostony Support Department
MartinB
my god.

hope the nameservers IPs will not change, and you assure the same cpanel themes installed on new server, etc. (server 20)
bpgisme
Ooh... Okay. smile.gif Do I need to worry about anything? Like backups or such... (I've never gone through a transfer process before...)

-Bonnie
MoJo
Server 22 appeared to be one of the most stable until recently.

What risks are there in the move?
Rastus
biggrin.gif Cool biggrin.gif New Servers... Faster and more better... Rock On Hostony biggrin.gif
Lehrer
MArtin, most likely all the nameserver IPs will be changed and the new nameservers will be dns.hostony com and .org on those servers.

MoJo and Bonnie, sometimes proplems with NS records appear when the accounts are moved to different nameserver IPs, but they do not last for long. So the best way to avoid problems is to guard your account and let us know immediately if something goes wrong.
MartinB
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Mar 12 2006, 03:43 AM) *
MArtin, most likely all the nameserver IPs will be changed and the new nameservers will be dns.hostony com and .org on those servers.

Private Label Name Servers
Lehrer
Martin, your private nameservers on server 20 will have to be switched to different IPs too.
MoJo
My domain names are with an Australian registrar so I'm going to have to provide them with the new IPs ?

Which means that websites will be unavailable for a day or so ?
Lehrer
MoJo, you are absolutely right.

The matter is that we have also had some outdated nameservers (e.g NS16.HOSTONY.COM, NS16.HOSTONY.NET) hosted on 2 of the old servers, and people who had their domains registered elsewhere and haven't contacted treir registrar companies are likely to have problems with nameserver records. however the problem vanishes almost immediately after the new NS recods are set by the registrar.

NS18.HOSTONY.NET NS19.HOSTONY.NET should also be changed to dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org
daliblume
I just now saw this thread! Please look at my issue here (NB the third update):

http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=4873

In short: Go to http://www.dlma.com

If it says, "Old Server". Wait, and try again later, the name server id hasn't migrated to your side of the world yet. I did update its registrar's entries to dns.hostony.com/.org, yesterday. Just wait.

If it says, "New Server", all is well. Thank you for a great job!

If the server could not be found, there's a problem. You may not have done the migration correctly. Would you please investigate? (Hint: This is the problem I have with both dlma.com (different registrar) and daliblume.com (Hostony registrar), both of which have been updated to the new dns's.)
Lehrer
We have updated your ticket, David.
daliblume
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Mar 17 2006, 09:36 PM) *
We have updated your ticket, David.

Thanks, Lehrer. I know the migration won't be trivial. It'll help us all if you announce (directly in email is the best) when you copy the sites, and when you've redirected the dns entries.

We can ftp directly to each server and migrate "missing" updates ourselves, but if we know the window of transfer, it'll help us keep an eye out for it.

--David
MartinB
QUOTE(daliblume @ Mar 17 2006, 07:33 PM) *
Thanks, Lehrer. I know the migration won't be trivial. It'll help us all if you announce (directly in email is the best) when you copy the sites, and when you've redirected the dns entries.

We can ftp directly to each server and migrate "missing" updates ourselves, but if we know the window of transfer, it'll help us keep an eye out for it.

--David

I second that.
MoJo
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Mar 16 2006, 10:50 AM) *
MoJo, you are absolutely right.

The matter is that we have also had some outdated nameservers (e.g NS16.HOSTONY.COM, NS16.HOSTONY.NET) hosted on 2 of the old servers, and people who had their domains registered elsewhere and haven't contacted treir registrar companies are likely to have problems with nameserver records. however the problem vanishes almost immediately after the new NS recods are set by the registrar.

NS18.HOSTONY.NET NS19.HOSTONY.NET should also be changed to dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org

So ns18.hostony.net and ns17.hostony.net need to be changed to dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org

Lehrer, when should I change the Name Servers over?
Immediately or once you've moved everything to the new server?
bpgisme
Eeep! I guess it's happening to my site today! It's a big mess at the moment. Some php stuff isn't working and I lost some entries from yesterday and none of my Nucleus CMS blogs are working. Maybe I should just give it a little time?

I'm on here now: 65.98.8.119
I was on here: 67.15.42.48

I put in a support ticket.

-Bonnie
Lezyt
Same problem, same old IP, different new IP (65.98.8.125)...

Ticket submitted, but I can only assume this is to do with the transfers...

Any ETA?
bpgisme
I got a response right away and they fixed everything. smile.gif

-Bonnie
radial
Note - Never mind this post, the problem is the new servers have not been propogated to dns servers already or something. But if you're seeing the same kind of stuff i was seeing below, that's probabally your problem also.

please decide what server i'm going to be on. My site has went from week old data to current data, and back and forth again in the past 2 days. I'm not sure where my current data is. I've already sent in a support ticket and they said my dns sever was set ok. but somethings going on where my data is sometimes old, sometimes not. the way it is right this second is not ok. I can ping whootah.com and get 67.15.52.34 from a standard cmd prompt in windows. i'm using dns server

www.whootah.com
www.radialmonster.com

if i do a nslookup and set my dns server to be 67.19.102.93 (dns.hostony.org) and lookup whootah.com or radialmonster.com they dont resolve at all. In fact, no addresses are resolving. Same thing is happening with 209.152.175.151 (dns.hostony.com)

> cnn.com
Server: [67.19.102.93]
Address: 67.19.102.93

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to [67.19.102.93] timed-out
> google.com

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
> yahoo.com

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.

I then tried nslookup on my local dns server from my isp and i'm getting different ip's for my two domains. whootah.com is an addon to radialmonster.com and they should resolve to the same ip correct?

> whootah.com
Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: whootah.com
Address: 67.15.52.34

> radialmonster.com
Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: radialmonster.com
Address: 65.98.8.20
huudo1
My first post here, finally the posting issue has been resolved.

I wonder what this means for my site. I think I'm on 67.15.111.3? so please excuse me for maybe some stupid questions, as I'm not an expert at all in this. I just try to keep my personal site going.
Slavik
we are not transferring the server 67.15.111.3.
If we plan to transfer it we'll let everybody know.

Best regards,
Slavik koshelev
huudo1
QUOTE(Slavik @ Apr 3 2006, 09:44 PM) *
we are not transferring the server 67.15.111.3.
If we plan to transfer it we'll let everybody know.

Best regards,
Slavik koshelev

Interesting, as in a support ticket 24166, it was said that the issues I was experiencing were because of
"This server is the one of our old servers and We are going to tranfer all account from this server to the new in nearest feature.
Could we transfer your account out of turn to the one of our newest server? I think there your account will be finally OK. If you agree with this just let us know and we'll transfer it immediately.
Thanks"

A little later, there was another statement saying that "If" the server was gonna be transfered, I would be notified...

Are we mixing 2 things here or is not everyone on the same page?
Slavik
I meant that we do not transfer it now.
When we transfer it we'll notify the customers beforehand.
If you wish your account to be transferred to the new server now, please submit a trouble ticket.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here