Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: server28.fastbighost.com 550 blacklist
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
rez
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT host 550-message rejected because server28.fastbighost.com is 550 blacklisted at dnsbl.njabl.org see spam source 1118203205

I got this back when trying to send mail to totalimagegraphics.com, which also has a hostony account.
rez
QUOTE(rez @ Feb 28 2006, 08:10 AM) *
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT host 550-message rejected because server28.fastbighost.com is 550 blacklisted at dnsbl.njabl.org see spam source 1118203205
I got this back when trying to send mail to totalimagegraphics.com, which also has a hostony account.

Still no reply here. I still can't send mail and am aparrantly blacklisted.

I'm not even sure what this means. I am finally told through a ticket today that my server is blacklisted. I'm assuming someone is using a "server" to send spam mail that I also use. Is this my server personally? An ISP problem? Or, is it a hostony shared mail server?

I was also finally told today that dnsbl.njabl.org has been contacted but I still don't have mail.

Is there anyone out there can deal with not sending out mail for 10 days? Are others having this problem?

Can anyone explain and show me how to "see spam source 1118203205".

I have 3 other clients I am about to host and may have to switch. No sending mail for 10 days?
Slavik
Hello,
we've contacted njabl.org several times but the server is again in their blacklist.
And they did not respond to our requests.
rez
QUOTE(Slavik @ Mar 11 2006, 11:36 AM) *
Hello,
we've contacted njabl.org several times but the server is again in their blacklist.

Still can't send mail. AIM support told me they would respond to my ticket in 3-4 hours. That was 7 hours ago. The last response to my ticket ws 3 days ago, after I informed a supervisor. Zero response.

If you are not having any luck getting this off a blacklist, doesn't something need to be changed, server switched or whatever, so I can send mail? I didn't cause this.

It's been over a week. Is "we tried" all that can be done? What's the next step? Now you just wait? Is it possible I may not have mail for another month?

I'm concerned for my future clients.
rez
QUOTE(Slavik @ Mar 11 2006, 11:36 AM) *
Hello,

Why they don't respond is in the FAQ. If I was blacklisted again, according to the FAQ, the problem wasn't fixed. The FAQ says things are rescanned within hours of the proper action and contact.

http://dnsbl.njabl.org/faq.html
rez
"Removal requests that do not include a reason the IP should be removed are likely to be ignored. " You can't just say, "the problem has been fixed please remove".

Please tell me the reason you gave them. If you fixed the source of the problem and submitted the request, it says I will be up in HOURS. This has been 14 days and counting. For 2 weeks I haven't been able to send mail.

Please tell me the reason you gave them.
rez
Still can't send mail because of the blacklist. No help here or on ticket. This is sad. I'm finding a new host.
Mystic
I'm having this problem with one of my forums, a few users have not recieved registration emails because they were blocked by sorbs and I got a undeliverable return mail.

Is there a reason the servers are listed as spam? I assume you guys boot what ever idiot keeps doing this, but its having a negative impact on things and I'm unaware of a way around it.

Any suggestions?
MartinB
QUOTE(rez @ Mar 14 2006, 04:34 AM) *
Still can't send mail because of the blacklist. No help here or on ticket. This is sad. I'm finding a new host.

or you can contact support to transfer your account to another server (with another IP)
Mystic
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Mar 29 2006, 08:45 PM) *
or you can contact support to transfer your account to another server (with another IP)

Strangely enough, I thought this was the General Support forum.
MartinB
QUOTE(Mystic @ Apr 19 2006, 10:18 AM) *
Strangely enough, I thought this was the General Support forum.

the official(and more reliable) way of getting support is opening a trouble ticket: http://support.hostony.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here