Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MySQL Question
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Killswitch
I have the special plan, and didnt want to jump into hosting another site at the moment. I have a friend, who doesnt have the resources and funds that I have, and wanted to allow him to use a MySQL database of mine.
I set him up a database, a username, and password, but I dont know what he has to put to gain access to that in his script as to the host. It cant be localhost, because he is not hosted by me or connected to me in anyway.
Does anyone know what they should have to put?

Would it be my cPanel log in IP or my site IP im currently on? Any help is much appreciated.

Also, so far, Hostony has done a good job from what Ive seen. at first, I saw alot of complaints, but Ive not had the bad luck of experiencing any problems. Thanks for doing such a great job.
MartinB
You need to give to the support team the local IP (from the ISP) or range(1.2.3.x) of your friend, and the database name, user and passwd.

They need to manually enable external access to mysql from the specified IP number/range of IP number

I think is best if you give an addon of your special package to your friend, so he can host his scripts on the same server mysql is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here