Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second domain
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
hastalavidas
Hello,

I have just purchased a second domain name through godaddy.com and have a question. I just looked through help.hostony.com and didn't see anything that pertains to my question.

Is it possible for my new domain to actually be a subdomain of my current one?

For example:

Lets say my current domain (purchased and hosted through hostony) is MainDomain.com, and my new one is SecondDomain.com

Also pretend I have a subdomain of Subdomain.MainDomain.com

What would I have to do so SecondDomain.com is actually Subdomain.MainDomain.com? Is this possible, or would I have to purchase more hosting for the second one? I don't want just a redirect to my subdomain, I want SecondDomain.com to be in the address bar of the browser.

Thank you.
Matt
Slavik
Hello,
you can add your new domain as an addon domain in your cpanel. Cpanel will also create the subdomain with the same name.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
hastalavidas
Thank you Slavik,

I tried what you said in Helm, and the only thing I found that could apply is in the Domains menu clicking "Add Domain". This didn't work, but I found out GoDaddy will do what I need for me (for anyone else who may have the same question). I have it pointing to a subdomain; the subdomain.maindomain.com is masked, and only seconddomain.com is shown. So, problem solved!

Thanks again
Slavik
I thought you have Linux account. You can add domains in Helm without any problems.
Please have a look at our tutorial:
http://help.hostony.com

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here