Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't send email do my domains from Yahoo
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
romangs
550 Sender verify failed

Any body have similar problem? I have contacted support. They are working on the problem. I just wanted to know if I am the only one or not.

I am sending email to my domain hosted at Hostony 29th-67.15.112.25 server using my ISP smtp server (I can't use anything else) with my another domain name at Hostony in the FROM field. It seems to me that Hostony's mail server tries to verify if my email address I am sending from does actually exist.

If I send email using hotmail or gmail - they come thrue fine.

I am getting the following bounce back error message:

<emailaddress@mydomain.com>:
67.15.112.25 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-Verification failed for <anotheremail@myanotherdomain.com> 550 Sender verify failed Giving up on 67.15.112.25.
MartinB
If you use your ISP's SMTP server to send mails, hostony servers have nothing to do in the process, maybe you are not authenticating to your isp server with your username/password OF YOUR ACCOUNT ON YOUR ISP (remember you are connecting to your ISP server, not hostony server.)

Or am I not understanding ?
where you get the 550 error ? when you try to connect to your ISP SMTP server ? (sorry I see it)
romangs
To answer your questions I will allow myself to quote the following website
http://nemesis.lonestar.org/site/mail_trouble.html

"Some mail servers now attempt to confirm the sender of a given piece of mail by verifying that the From: address provided is a real one. For example, if you send a piece of mail claiming to be "From: bob@someisp.com", and you send that mail to "sam@someotherisp.com", the mail servers at "someotherisp.com", may contact the servers at "someisp.com", to confirm that "bob" really is a valid mailbox there. If the return address proves to be false, the mail may not be accepted by the "someotherisp.com" servers.

Usually in the case of sender verification, the bounced mail will indicate that the verification attempt failed. The only solution is to use your real working return address on mail you send to this more-selective mail server. For example, if you sent mail out with the from address of "MegaSalesbob" or "REMOVEbob" instead of your real mailbox name of just "bob", that could cause sender verification to fail. Always use your real return address in e-mails if you want them delivered. "

Since I am using my ISP's SMTP server to send emails FROM Hostony's domain...
That might be one of the possible causes of the problem I am having.

Also, for example, I have an email address as sam@mydomain.com in the FROM field. But that address does not actually exist. It simply forwards to sam999@mydomain.com This way I avoid password phishing problems. This might attribute to the problem that I have.

I'd like to stress that I expirence such problems only with linux hosting at 67.15.112.25. I have Win Reseller here at Hostony as well and everything works flawless.
MartinB
woooow, we are ####@@ed!! blink.gif
MartinB
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM NOW.

550 recipient UNKNOWN

ticket 21368
romangs
Any news for you? mine is still being worked on
MartinB
mine was working ok again after some hours smile.gif
Lehrer
romangs, please let me know if the problem still exists and if yes, please provide me with the ticket's number.
romangs
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Feb 3 2006, 06:40 PM) *
romangs, please let me know if the problem still exists and if yes, please provide me with the ticket's number.

still being worked on #21264
romangs
problem is solved. Thankx to Hostony's support. Problem was partially on my side of the setup. Thankx again.
Lehrer
problem is solved. Thankx to Hostony's support. Problem was partially on my side of the setup. Thankx again.

You arte welcome, romangs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here