Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Might seem like a silly question, but I had to ask.
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
I did a quick search of these forums to see--but I am still unsure. Does Hostony allow usage of information pool software like MediaWiki (the same software Wikipedia.com runs on)?

Judging from your offer on the main site it would seem most of the required software for MediaWiki to run is pre-installed (requirements here: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Installation )--I am unsure about the web server, however. MediaWiki's site says any web server will do--and while it may just be my naviete and ignorance, I didn't notice what web server software (if any) is pre installed.

At any rate, thank you for your time--I apologize for my foolishness, but I wanted to be sure.
MartinB
you will found all this on hostony Linux servers
To install MediaWiki, you will need any operating system (GNU/Linux is suggested), any web server (apache2 is suggested), PHP ≥ 4.3 (PHP 4.3.11 is suggested) and MySQL ≥ 3.23 (MySQL 4.0.23 is suggested). You do not need a specific software package to manage MySQL but such tool may help you for backups and other tasks (phpMyAdmin ≥ 2.6.1 is suggested).

there are standard services for linux hosting servers
greetings!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here