Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free domain
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
jordan
i would like to know few things about the free domain that is given when you buy a hosting plan

belongs the domain to me? can i access the domain on the registrar? can i transfer the domain to another registrar?

thank you
MartinB
You can transfer it when you stop using hostony hosting service, but i think it have a cost for the transfer.
it's free all the time you have a hosting package with hostony.
Slavik
Hello,
1. This domain will belong to you.
2. We'll provide you with the access to the register if you need it.
3. If you transfer this domain to another registrar during the first year of hosting at our company, you'll have to pay us $14.85. But if you transfer it after one year of hosting, you'll be able to do it for free.

Best regards, Slavik Koshelev
QUOTE(Slavik @ Jan 23 2006, 10:27 PM) *
Hello,
1. This domain will belong to you.
2. We'll provide you with the access to the register if you need it.
3. If you transfer this domain to another registrar during the first year of hosting at our company, you'll have to pay us $14.85. But if you transfer it after one year of hosting, you'll be able to do it for free.

Best regards, Slavik Koshelev

I opened my account last April and would prefer to transfer my free domain to GoDaddy just because it would be easier to manage it with the rest of my domains. As the domain will need to be renewed in April and you forcing people to renew a domain with the registrar of your choice for a second year, or is there a compromise where a domain can be transferred say after the 11th month to a new registrar without having to pay the $14.85?

Thanks,
Slavik
Please contact our billing department for this issue.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here