Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WordPress Backup Plugin
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
daliblume
A standard feature of WordPress 2.0, Scott Merrill's "WordPress Database Backup" plugin (version 1.7) doesn't work reliably on my server. Frequently, when a backup is requested, it processes a few tables then simply stops after a few seconds. This does not appear to be a problem with the plugin. (There are no such bugs against version 1.7.) My MySQL databases are nothng special.

Is there a daemon on my server (server14.bigfasthost) that prevents some tasks that take too long? Or what else might be going on? Any help appreciated.

The error log posts the following:
[Sat Jan 21 00:58:41 2006] [error] [client 198.37.32.95] client denied by server configuration: /home/daliblum/public_html/my/wp-admin/edit.php

Service has been excellent for the past few months, by the way. I'm a long time customer.
daliblume
I submitted a helpdesk request. The person responding reasonably guessed that resetting php's max_execution_time to a higher value might help. That's not it, though. Here's my reply on that:

I can see in phpinfo, that "safe mode" is off, and that the script, my/wp-content/plugins/wp-db-backup.php makes the following call where necessary:

CODE
if ( !ini_get('safe_mode')) @set_time_limit(15*60);

That resets the timeout clock. So, the error can also be called by Apache mod_access or mod_dosevasive. I don't know anything about Apache or httpd.conf, so I'll need your explicit help.

Here's my phpinfo: http://www.dlma.com/tma/phpinfo.php

(Edit) Examines phpinfo... Oh, look at that. set_time_limit is disabled. What can I do about that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here