Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: almost 2 year long issue, SUPPORT does not listen to it and more impor
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Saiyan
Hello,

I'm new on the forums, that is I never post usually. Maybe that's the problem, maybe I should have come here for help in the first place.

I've been using Hostony for almost 2 years, and in the light of what happened to me in the last 3 weeks, I can safely say I've never had to deal with a more incompetent support in my entire life. I've been a support techinician myself and I know how arrogant some people think they can be when the customers comes up with a problem, and the solution to it.

Here is what happened. Almost 2 years ago I took an unlimited package here, and I started transfering sites here one after the other. Every time I would enter the DNS info on my regsitrar (buydomains.com), I would get a warning telling me that one of the DNS doesn't have SOA records or something.

Also I've noticed lots of slow response, sometimes non-reachability one minute from the other... and I've been wondering what is going on since day 1. I also remember, early in the hosting, contacting support to tell them that I had really some realiability and speed problem with the sites. Their answer was to tell me that Hostony uses huge lines and that WHATEVER the problem was, it wasn't coming from them (as you'll be able to see if you can read all the way through, they were wrong). Instead they asked me to see if my ISP wasn't the problem (while all the other sites I browse came in lightspeed).

So, about a month ago, I deceided to move my main website to Hostony. But I couldn't get the DNS info to enter at my registrar (a .ch site). Apparently Switch, which is the only registrat for .ch (swiss) site didn't let any DNS be entered unless they were previously added by the hosting company themselves into the database. While preposterous I was in a corner, and asked support to look into this. They answered me all kind of other things but didn't do anything about it. Then, taking the matter in my own hands, I made the records myself for those DNS at switch and then entered the info that was provided to me by Hostony. Except that the support technician gave me wrong DNS info. When I asked why this was done, one of the answer was : "please wait 24-48 hours to see if it works". Now I'm not a professional hoster but I have a network administrator background (Windows NT/2000 and Novell servers) so I knew immediatly that the second my site stopped working from the transfer from the old to the new hoster meant that something was wrong in the configuration. If it was just a matter of time, my old hosting company would still be disaplaying the page. Therefor I change the DNS info to the right ones and ask a friend to look into this issue. I've never dealt with DNS config directly but as an admin I have plenty of contacts / friends who knows more about hosting configuration than I or the staff that answered my tickets.

He tells me that there are SOA records missing, so the warning for EVERY single domain I added to the pack was not there just to annoy me, but to point out a problem I knew, somehow, was there. Again I'm no expert so my friend tells me : "the way your domains are configured will provoque some really weird results, you might have instabilities, speed issues..." which is exactly what I had in my account since day 1 ! Anyway, I ask him what's wrong, and he explains me that only one DNS is configured properly, and that I have to ask support to configure them right. In the meantime days were going and I was down 2 days on my main site, lost emails, maybe even business because of this.

Nevertheless, I asked the support REPEATEDLY to please change the config so that the DNS information could be present on both DNS as it should be. After battling for 2 days, they did for one site and one site ONLY, the site I was currently transfering. There is still a little warning on the registrar, but all and all the config is basically correct (not entirely though but what the hell, almost ok is better than nothing).

All I asked ever since is that all my domains are configured the same way. And nothing happens. Yesterday, the main DNS went down, TWICE ! And while it was down, all my sites and subdomains where down EXCEPT the main one that was fixed, proving that indeed there is misconfiguration in the DNS config for all my sites. I opened a ticket, asked that this be fixed (must be the tenth time I asked this, and I've been starting to lose both patience and nerves). The answer was pretty similar to all the others I had until now : "your site is working now, sorry for the troubles". But nothing is changed, all my sites expect one are configured on one DNS server instead of two.

So here it is, I've had it, and I'm coming to the forums hoping to find someone who will be able to do something about this, as I find it unbelievable that after so many time asking, pointing EXACTLY on what is wrong, NOT A SINGLE technician did the job... to a point where I'm asking myself wherever of not they actually have the knowledge to do a simple DNS configuration. It sounds preposterous that a hosting company couldn't do that, but I can't find any other solution than this, not after SPELLING EVERYTHING out over and over again about this and still having nothing done.

If there's someone out there that can help, your help would be highly appreciated... my nerves are shut, my head is about to explode, and I can't believe that I've been treated like a clown for a service I'm paying and for which no support whatsoever has been given to me.

HELP !
Thanks

Chris
Lehrer
Saiyan, sorry for the delay in my getting back to you, I noticed this post only today unfortunately.
Please provide us with the list of your domains that are to be changed and the ns records your domains are currently assigned to. When submitting a new trouble ticket, please make a short note for support that this issue requires extra attention and the supervisor asked for a deeper investigation of your problem. Please also note that the ticket can't be closed without your approval, and as a proof you can also paste this very link from forum for them.

I am convinced that this issue will be resolved asap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here