Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Venting....
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
calgarysolutions.com
I have been using Hostony for almost a year. And to tell you all the truth. I am sure happy its almost over.

I am EXTREMLY disappointed with the service, servers, support, realibility etc.

For Example: Right now all my website are down! Whats with that. So I goto the live help (another problem is no phone numbers) and ask whats going on. What do i get in response. `*****: please, wait a little`. So I wait a little while (40 minutes). Go back to live help and ask whats going on. What do I get?? `*****: please, wait a little`.. What is this an automated response... After wait a while is said ALL of my questions went unanswered!!!!!

Another Example: The server my sites were on was bad. So they moved all the sites to a new server. SO now what happens? All my DNS zones have changed! All my username/password combinations for all my secure directories were gone. None of my mySQL connection work. The phpMailer on the new server ######. All my mail records were screwed up. And to top it all off the ftp does not work properly! So when I goto live help and explain my problems.. what do I hear? `Well.. it works on my end` and that was pretty much it.

To anyone who is considering hostony BEWARE!.... You get what you pay for, and if you need support. Forget being able to call them.. Theres not a phone number on the entire website!
Lehrer
The server my sites were on was bad. So they moved all the sites to a new server. SO now what happens? All my DNS zones have changed! All my username/password combinations for all my secure directories were gone. None of my mySQL connection work. The phpMailer on the new server ######. All my mail records were screwed up. And to top it all off the ftp does not work properly! So when I goto live help and explain my problems.. what do I hear? `Well.. it works on my end` and that was pretty much it.

The matter is that there is usually no guarantee that your data will be moved correctly to a different location. There are too many factors that can hamper the process.
If you ask support to move your account to a different server, you are to understand that the account transfer is not a very stable procedure. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes not.
Also, as I told many times before on this forum, if you are not satisfied with the kind of responses you get from online chat support, just ask them their name and how to contact a support supervisor. This is your right as a customer, to get proper level of support, and if you start feeling thrown apart or ignored, just ask to speak to a seniour support rep or a supervisor.
MarkM
QUOTE(calgarysolutions.com @ Jan 18 2006, 10:17 AM) *
I have been using Hostony for almost a year. And to tell you all the truth. I am sure happy its almost over.

I am EXTREMLY disappointed with the service, servers, support, realibility etc.

For Example: Right now all my website are down! Whats with that. So I goto the live help (another problem is no phone numbers) and ask whats going on. What do i get in response. `*****: please, wait a little`. So I wait a little while (40 minutes). Go back to live help and ask whats going on. What do I get?? `*****: please, wait a little`.. What is this an automated response... After wait a while is said ALL of my questions went unanswered!!!!!

Another Example: The server my sites were on was bad. So they moved all the sites to a new server. SO now what happens? All my DNS zones have changed! All my username/password combinations for all my secure directories were gone. None of my mySQL connection work. The phpMailer on the new server ######. All my mail records were screwed up. And to top it all off the ftp does not work properly! So when I goto live help and explain my problems.. what do I hear? `Well.. it works on my end` and that was pretty much it.
To anyone who is considering hostony BEWARE!.... You get what you pay for, and if you need support. Forget being able to call them.. Theres not a phone number on the entire website!

HOSTONY can be hard to deal with sometimes, but I think this is mainly because when we deal with them, we are angry. Everything can be fixed. HOSTONY will work with you, and take care of you. In exchange, you must be patient towards the techs. Also, you should use help tickets. I've gotten immediate responses, when using them. The best way to deal with these problems is to tell them ASAP, and they will fix them for you, if you remain patient with them.

Good luck.

PS: We're all experiencing problems. It is our job as resellers to resolve these issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here