Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Features on Linux Servers
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Slavik
Dear Customers!
We are going to implement new features that will filter spam on all the Linux shared servers.
This will prevent from receiving spam from spam sources.
We'll also install php5, so the both versions php4 and php5 will be avaliable on the servers.
This will give you a possibility to choose the needed version for your scripts with the help of .htaccess.
Ruby on Rails will be installed on all the servers also.

Best regards,
Hostony Team
bpgisme
Yay! smile.gif

-Bonnie
MartinB
QUOTE(Slavik @ Jan 18 2006, 04:43 AM) *
Dear Customers!
We are going to implement new features that will filter spam on all the Linux shared servers.
We'll also install php5, so the both versions php4 and php5 will be avaliable on the servers.
This will give you a possibility to choose the needed version for your scripts with the help of .htaccess.
Best regards,
Hostony Team

Good news!
Have you the details about how can be selected the php version from a .htaccess file ?
This is not a problem with php_suexec installations ?

Will you notify us when the new configuration will be done on our servers ?
ser_pros
By default scripts will be executed by PHP4. It's defined in main web server configuration file by default. Also you will be able to run php scripts with extenion .php5 without editing .htaccess. If you would like to run php scripts with other extensions by PHP 5, you will need to put the following line into your .htaccess :

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php (or other extensions)
MartinB
amazing

please let me know when it's done on server20 and/or server37
Slavik
We'll let you know.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Mulimedia
will ROR and/or php5 (5.1?) be available on 66.118.138.195 (soon)? smile.gif
Mulimedia
ahhh, I?ve just seen, that on server 66.118.138.195 ruby on rails is now installed! great. but one thing I?m not quite sure, if there will be a version conflict.

there is Ruby 1.8.3 and Rails 1.0.0 installed. The rails HP shows not to install v1.8.3 with rails. 1.8.4 should be used => http://www.rubyonrails.org/down blink.gif

smile.gif to stay on topic: a "Virus Scan" is added. Is it recommended to scan from time to time by myself OR is this done sometimes via cron on the whole server? does it make sence on a linux server (except email-scan => which didn?t worked on my first try)?
MarkM
smile.gif

Thanks Alot!

Virus Scanner doesn't work, though.
MartinB
QUOTE(Slavik @ Jan 18 2006, 04:43 AM) *
Dear Customers!
Best regards,
Hostony Team

some news about php5 ?
Lehrer
Martin, we'll be installing it today on two of our new servers.
Please submit a ticket regarding this issue. (It can be installed on beta as I know you have an account there)

Lehrer
MartinB
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Feb 12 2006, 08:14 AM) *
Martin, we'll be installing it today on two of our new servers.
Please submit a ticket regarding this issue. (It can be installed on beta as I know you have an account there)
Lehrer

yes it could be very nice to having both php versions on beta cool.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(ser_pros @ Jan 19 2006, 12:58 AM) *
By default scripts will be executed by PHP4. It's defined in main web server configuration file by default. Also you will be able to run php scripts with extenion .php5 without editing .htaccess. If you would like to run php scripts with other extensions by PHP 5, you will need to put the following line into your .htaccess :

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php (or other extensions)

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

gives internal error

ticket 24368

fixed, my error[i][u]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here