Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dropped emails
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Altai
Hi,

It seems that regularly some emails sent to our mailboxes routed to the bit bucket.
The sender does not receive any delivery failure notification, and the email is not routed to the mailbox, or is but is deleted.
This was spotted for the first time last December - but could have happened before-, and happens nearly every day now.
These mails are not routed to the default account (altaicon).

Any idea where this could come from? Any problem recently on server29 ?

Cheers,

Philibert

Account: altaicon
Server: 29
Lehrer
The mail server on server 29 is rather stable and we haven't got any complaints about it as far as I know.
Please submit a trouble ticket at support.hostony.com and our techs will investigate your problem. Please try to be as eloquent as you can when giving the problem's description.
zoliat
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Jan 16 2006, 08:09 PM) *
The mail server on server 29 is rather stable and we haven't got any complaints about it as far as I know.
Please submit a trouble ticket at support.hostony.com and our techs will investigate your problem. Please try to be as eloquent as you can when giving the problem's description.

I am also on server 29 (site: levett.biz) and have experience both dropped mails and very slow response times. I logged a support query last week already but have never had a response!

Please check email on server 29 asap

Regards
Barry
zoliat
Hi Lehrer

Further to my last email, I solved the performance problem by deleting my main email account and recreating it through Control Panel. This implies that there was an error on the disk where the main account was stored and the performance delays were due to misreads from the disk. This may also explain emails not being delivered (stored onto a bad sector on the disk).

Please can you check the disks on server 29 ASAP so that this does not re-occur!

Regards
Barry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here