Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VPS Cpanel node 70.84.106.4 maintenance
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Slavik
Hello,
due to the the hardware problems we ran FSCK on the server.
The FSCK is reporting errors on the primary drive - "can not locate / directory". We ran a Hard drive test and and it is reporting Immanent drive failure.
We are working now to replace the primary drive, disconnect the 2nd drive and have an OS reload run on the new primary drive.
We will attempt to connect the old primary drive after the reload.

Best regards,
Hostony Team
Thundergirls
It is 14 hours since my VPS went down. When do you anticipate the completion of this repair?

QUOTE(Slavik @ Jan 5 2006, 05:42 PM) *
Hello,
due to the the hardware problems we ran FSCK on the server.
The FSCK is reporting errors on the primary drive - "can not locate / directory". We ran a Hard drive test and and it is reporting Immanent drive failure.
We are working now to replace the primary drive, disconnect the 2nd drive and have an OS reload run on the new primary drive.
We will attempt to connect the old primary drive after the reload.

Best regards,
Hostony Team
info-mauritius.com
please tell us, when we can have the new webspace.
at least we can place some parts back on the server and keep running, as a full backup of my site, what is 1gig of data will take min 3 days to upload.
just some space, that we can explain, whats happen to the costumers + to show the search enine spiders, we are not gone for ever.
regards
stefan
Thundergirls
I hope you have better luck getting a reply than I have. I just need to know how long it will take so I can make arrangements with customers. I've been waiting for a reply for nearly a day now. They usually do take care of things eventually, but clear and concise communciation has never been Hostony's strong point.

QUOTE(info-mauritius.com @ Jan 6 2006, 01:50 PM) *
please tell us, when we can have the new webspace.
at least we can place some parts back on the server and keep running, as a full backup of my site, what is 1gig of data will take min 3 days to upload.
just some space, that we can explain, whats happen to the costumers + to show the search enine spiders, we are not gone for ever.
regards
stefan
info-mauritius.com
QUOTE(Thundergirls @ Jan 6 2006, 08:39 PM) *
I hope you have better luck getting a reply than I have. I just need to know how long it will take so I can make arrangements with customers. I've been waiting for a reply for nearly a day now. They usually do take care of things eventually, but clear and concise communciation has never been Hostony's strong point.

yes i know, there do, but the communication is sometimes very poor.
still have no idee, when we will have our vps back, no timeframe...
always ASAP, but this can be 5min, 60min, 1 days, 3 days...1week?
Slavik
The VPS is online now.
Please open trouble tickets for more details.
Thank you.

Hostony Team.
Thundergirls
I ALREADY have a support ticket open, for all the good it has done me. And none of my websites are back up.

So what's the deal, is all the data gone and we're going to have to start from scratch?

QUOTE(Slavik @ Jan 7 2006, 08:38 AM) *
The VPS is online now.
Please open trouble tickets for more details.
Thank you.

Hostony Team.
Thundergirls
UPDATE

All the data was lost. This may explain all those error messages I've been getting from the server for the last three months that support told me to ignore.

So I'll be uploading 26 GB of data all over again. Nice. For what it's worth, the good news is I get two months of service (?) for free.
info-mauritius.com
and the vps is not ready, just bullshit...nothing works and no repsone from there site, scared to face reality.
when i lose my data just like this...the hosting companie, shut do ALL, to bring you up again, hostony, does nothing.
if you keep your business here, means, that you can lose your business too!
very upset
stefan
info-mauritius.com
i find a other hosting companie, where i'm already running biggrin.gif
but it will takes me days to fix it all.
the error msg what you received is from there harddrive what was allready thins a long time in a poor condition.
fact is, there have no problems with it, when a client lose all his information as happen to me too.
and what could mean, end of business.

who cares?

anyway, as there is no action from there site, i moved by my self.
hostony does not close my business, sorry
Slavik
Dear Stefan, the thing is that it was unexpexted situation and two HDD were corrupted and it was impossible to restore the data. But we tried to do everything possible to help.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here