Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anonymous opinion: NO SUPPORT
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
BEWARE
unsure.gif

Be careful. Hostony is having major problems giving any kind of support.
jchrastina
Ah, but you are very WRONG.
webshane
I am experiencing the same thing. I've submitted two trouble tickets, one because nobody on my domain can access their email, and another because Front Page extentions won't stay installed. Usually they respond pretty quick unless it's a weekend. This time around, they seem to be ignoring me. Time to find a now host I guess.
webshane
QUOTE(jchrastina @ Jul 29 2003, 03:43 PM)
Ah, but you are very WRONG.

Than why arn't my trouble tickets being responded to?
BEWARE
No, you are not responding to support requests. You should read the balance of your forums and see Hostony is not taking care of business. People that are interested in hosting here should get the benefit of the truth. I sure would have appreciated it.
Danimal
Ah boo-hoo.

Any trouble ticket I've opened or email I've sent has been answered within the hour. Of course, that's not really saying much, since I've only sent about two emails and opened exactly one trouble ticket in the year I've been here.

Don't like it? Leave. No one will miss you. Then again, I'll put dollars to donuts you're not even a customer here.

This thread should be deleted it's so absurd.
NO SUPPORT
Yes I am a customer and have customers as well. But your not a hostony rep are you. Personally I don't care if you miss me or not. I here because my issue is not resolved but thanks for being a hostony clone.
Danimal
A Hostony rep? No, I'm a Hostony customer. Therefore my opinion counts even more (after all, a "rep" will say anything you want to hear).

And of course you care if people will miss you, otherwise you wouldn't be here making a big stink out of absolutely nothing.

Either leave or ###### it up. Whichever you choose, quit your ridiculous crying. No one is interested.

Please--Serge, Alec, someone, delete this idiotic thread.
Serge
Beware

Not only Danimal but many other users here can prove that we do answer to support requests and try to help at our best. We are not always perfect and at moments when we have much troubles responce time is slower. Right now we don't have unanswered support requests other thatn frontpage related requests, because fix provided by DarkOrb doesn't work and we are searching for the solution.

The post you made has nothing in mind rather the damage hostony. You don't care to elaborate on your problem and doesn't provide any account details that would allow us to say something about your problems.
We don't maintain our forums as advertising forums and rather as support forums. Since your pos either is not informative and doesn't provide any proves of the things you claim it violates our AUP and in future I will delete such posts with no explanation.

Rifht now I just moving it to Anythin and Everything section just as an example of negative opinion, because your posts have nothing in common with presales questions.

Any anonymous posts like this in future will be deleted right away.
flash
I am not very happy with the service and general hosting of this company.

I left my last host because of continual problems and no service and it looks as though I will be doing the same again.

I don't mind paying for good quality hosting but nothings cheap if it does not work!

I am not winging here and care not if you think so, I have sent numerous emails to the support to fix a minor problem and nothing has been done.

I just can't figure out how they work!!!!!

blink.gif
webshane
Hey, I don't have anything against Hostony. Most of the time I don't think they read the entire issue before they respond. That's my experience anyway. It has become very frustrating. I'm trying to stick with it because moving host's is a pain in the butt, but Hostony is making it difficult.
Serge
Webshane.

As we have announced in our forums we had a problem with frontpage extentions. Since they don't supported by original developer and DarkOrb as well as we were left on our own with a problem. It took us several days to come to the working solution. At the moment you were answered we haveworking on the final stage of the problem. Right now it is resolved for your server and we are working on other servers.

Sorry that we had to use canned rtesponces somewhere but it is what allows us to free time to actually work on the problem.

TIP: you need to reinstall fronpage extentions on your account to make it work.
Other users on teh server already reported that they do work.

Also making 10 exactly the same posts in all forums takes our time to respond and clean duplicate posts.
Danimal
QUOTE(Serge @ Jul 29 2003, 09:45 PM)
The post you made has nothing in mind rather the damage hostony. You don't care to elaborate on your problem and doesn't provide any account details that would allow us to say something about your problems.

Exactly.

I think the mere fact that Serge, the owner of the company takes the time to come to this forum and answer the questions (most of which have been asked 1,000 times before) speaks volumes for the support level of Hostony.

Anyone who'd post a critique anonymously should be ignored.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here