Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For People Considering Hostony...
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
MarkM
Hostony is a great company. They could beef-up in the communication area, but otherwise, they are very affordable and friendly to work with. One thing I've noticed on this forum, is how people treat the Hostony Employees. Like all other people, they must be treated with respect. Complaints about bad attitudes need to be dis-regarded. Hostony will not tell you this, but they have a really cool billing center, where you can take care of most business.

I am NOT affiliated with Hostony. I don't work for them. I just think they have a great potential, and it's our duty to help them improve, by being good, friendly people to work with.

-M
PhireFast.com

It's all good. Just stay calm, and they will help! cool.gif
bpgisme
I agree! biggrin.gif

Hostony is wonderful. smile.gif

-Bonnie
Lehrer
MarkMutti (and Bonnie too),

Thank you for such a post. We'll try to keep up with the float smile.gif
Guest_world-trance_*
Yeah i have to agree so far. Great company. I nagged on them and complained alot the first week i was a customer here. But if i had slowed down and thought about the stuff i complained about it wasnt any big problems at all. It was all in my head since i wanted the site up and running ASAP....

after all the did everything i asked them to do and in a fast way. accept for the zend optimizer =) Still wanted it they day i asked for it hehehe. But i understand you wanted to do it during the weekend.

Now our site is finaly open and running fine. Jusr some glitches in one of the scripts that i need to take care of But all in all great hosting and great company.

www.world-trance.com The trance community.
Interviews articles reviews and more.

Using nephp cms and vbulletin forum software integrated in eachother so AWSOME.. Welcome to visit any day.
Moinon
I was happy with Hostony for 2 years but I am going to live them, support is just too crapy !

You talk about respect, these people have just no respect for you or your business.

My DNS are down since 2 days and they give me a lot of bad reasons not to help .....

Do you think we are all stupids sheeps ?????????????????????????????
MartinB
bpgisme
baaaaa.....

laugh.gif

-Bonnie
kanasta
I must say, their staff are great.
That doesn't make up for

2-3mail/cpanel down per week since mid Nov?
disk always 98-99% full, a 150mb site like mine can't upload FTP because SOMEONE on my server is using all the space?

I mean, their affiliate program (first 2 versions) didn't even work for the first 1.5 years I was here. (I gave up checking after that)

as for zend optimizer. I duno what that is, but I have a few MB of 'error_log' in my dir saying zend optimizer failed. support tells me it's my fault, but hey my php is working fine so...

simply, they're selling what they can't provide. not the support staff fault, and not something the support staff can fix either.

why do you increase the webspace in the plans when the disk continues to be full? surely 95% of users don't fill up more than 500mb of their space.

now for something that IS the support staff's fault:
I had my main/parked domains swapped recently. Easy. Except ALL my mail addy/alias/etc were wiped in the process. the support staff failed to warn me, even tho THEY did the swap. the support staff refused to re-enter the 100+ items for me, or provide me with raw/programmic access, even tho I told them I had RSI. I had to type it in using the web interface. (lucky I had a backup of the items at all)

Surely they could do better.

I'll stay for now, but chance of renewing : 20%
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here