Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: keeping hostony unknown to a client
Hostony Board > General Support > Resellers Room
rez
I was told hostony remains in the background so it looks like I am providing the hosting.

If I have to tell my client to use hostony.com and hostony.org at their registrars they instantly know I am using hostony and also go to hostony.com and see pricing!

How can this be avoided?
carahost
if you sign up for a reseller acount you would get private label nameservers so it would be like dns.yourdomain.com or ns1.yourdomain.com or whatever you wanna put in there
rez
Yes, I finally figured that out through support tickets. I already bought a reseller package (upgraded from a regular hostony package) and unfortunately, they did not send me any info about the nameservers, IP's, whm address, my clients cPanel address, etc.

Anyway, now I have changed my sites NSs from hostony's to ns1.mydomain.com and ns1.mydomain.com. Previously, they were dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org because of my previous account.

When I upgraded, my site stayed up. But now, I have made these NS changes and my site is down. Any idea why? Does it have to repropigate or something?

I never did get how hostony put me as my first client in whm and didn't have to physicly move my site and I kept the dns.hostony.com nameserver.

Anyway, hostony has already made me my first client. (i have my own account in WHM). Now, I have changed my NSs to ns1.mydomain.com ns2.mydomain.com. Unfortunately, my site is down now. How do I get my site up?
Lehrer
Anyway, hostony has already made me my first client. (i have my own account in WHM). Now, I have changed my NSs to ns1.mydomain.com ns2.mydomain.com. Unfortunately, my site is down now. How do I get my site up?

Have you received your two dedicated IPs? Every reseller receives 2 IPs for his nameservers. If you didn't get them there is probably a misunderstanding and you need to open a ticket stating that you are a reseller, but the IPs were not given to you. Private NS won't be working unless they are registered.

Lehrer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here